Just got a new yamaha or DSP-A1 owners, know any tricks?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike boettner, May 4, 2002.

1. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

Well I bought a DSP-A1. I love it!!!I know its not super current, but I was just Pro Logic before this. I sounds sweet with DD and DTS. But the difference in the music performance is just amazing! Any of you current or previous DSP-A1 owners have any suggestions or tips for me?

Thanks,

Mike

2. RobertSchaez

RobertSchaez Stunt Coordinator

I own a RX-V2095, which is the next step doen and a receiver. If you have a hankering for the DSP modes,

go into the Parameter Adjustments menue and turn all the reverb and delay to as low as possible. Have fun, I heard it is a great sounding unit! BTW, what did you spend, if you don't mind me asking?

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Be sure and use the extra front speakers. They make a difference, especially for music DSP modes.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

Robert,
    I got it for the low, low, low price of $800.[​IMG]My wife acts like I spent a million bucks! I never thought I'd ever own top of the line Yamaha even if it was from a few years ago!
    Wayne,
    I'm working on the front speakers. Their in my Daughters room and she'd get mad if she didn't have any music. I'll figure out something. I even found an old stereo review which reviewed the DSP-A1. 116 watts per channel, all channels driven!!
    Thanks guys,
    Mike

5. J. Redcay

J. Redcay Agent

Hi Robert:

I have had the DSP A1 since it was first introduced. Have

never had a problem or worry, just terrific sound and service. As previously mentioned the front effect speakers do work wonders with this unit. I use a small pair of

Boston's and they work great, no bass response is needed from the little guys. I do use the DSP's for both movies

and DVD concerts and find them a great addition. Although

I am planning on upgrading to the RX-Z1 I will be keeping the A1 and using it downstairs, it is the kind of unit you

really never want to get rid of. Best of luck.