What's new

Just got 45A & have a couple of ? (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
In my hurry to setup the unit, I accidently errored in my tv selection. When you first power up the unit a screen comes up asking if you have widescreen or regular tv. Somehow I fat fingered the enter button to show widescreen when I actually have the 4x3. I then went into the initial settings (I think) and selected 4x3 (not pan and scan). Is there a way to correct the initial power up screen??? I would think that there would be another setting somewhere if the consumer went from one type of tv to the other.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
That should be fine Brad. While the 45A has a 4:3 and a 4:3 P&S setting, the reality is that they are the same.

The reason there are two settings is that the DVD spec calls for software that is initially 16:9, but can be P&S'd in the player. I do not think there is any such software, so both 4:3 settings should be the same.

Now, one question. Is your 4:3 TV a newer model that has a 16:9 mode? If so, you want to set the player to 16:9 mode. This will result in better picture quality with enhanced for WS DVDs.

One final note. If you ever got totally screwed up with the 45A settings, there is a procedure in the manual that allows you to reset the 45A to factory default settings. If you invoke this reset, you will get the initial welcome screen, just like the day you first powered it up.

BGL

Brad Newton

Second Unit
Thanks Brian, I knew about the reset for the Pioneer receiver 45tx, but not the dvd player. No, my tv is several years old, and does not have the 16x9 mode.....at least that I am aware of. But it still gives us a good picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks