What's new

Just got 300 bucks, how should I blow it? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I've already got BOTD, but I was thinking of completing the collection with ED2 and AOD.
:eek: You don't own Evil Dead II!!!!!!! Holy shiyte. Run down to the store now, and pick up the SE. (Paul picks out a copy, places it into Andrrew's hand, pats him on the back and says "It's gonna be OK!" :D)
Also, looking at your collection, you need to inject it with a healthy dose of Soderbergh. Orders for Out of Sight, Traffic, Ocean's 11, Limey should all be on the horizon. ;) You also might wanna stick some Kubrick, Scorsese, Wilder, Hitchcock, Coen Brothers in there. You also need to pick up Requiem for a Dream.
This thread's obligatory, yet surprisingly appropriate Simpson's quote: "I feel like a kid in some kind of a store." :D
Enjoy the spending spree.

Eric T

Second Unit
LOL Duane. I think heroin is the trendy drug these days, coke is so '80s ;)
Seriously, I'd save until the $300 becomes $1000 and then buy a really sweet amp. DVDs will always be cheap to get one at a time, but when you get a nice chunk of cash like that, use it for something more substantial.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Also, do you think I should just cave in and buy the current Goodfellas release, or should I hold out for the SE. I ACHE to see the movie again, but don't know about blowing 20 bucks on such a sub-par disc.
How about spending $20 on a netflix account and renting it, along with a few other dvds?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Andrew,
You should click on the "gear" button in a banner above for a list of GOOD DVDs to get. ;)
While You're at it, click on my "wish list." My address is.....

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
John, believe it or not, but out of your entire collection, I've seen, own, or have in my Netflix queue (sp?) 45 of them, or just over 25%. And would you believe that our collections begin with exact same DVD? I think one of us is going to have to pick 8MM or 8 1/2 to put a stop to all these similarities.:D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've seen both of those, but I'm not much of a Fellini fan and 8mm doesn't exactly spin my beanie.
There's still my wish list. I accept all forms of delivery. ;)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Hahahaha, I have the Memento: LE and you don't!!!! That was really childish and stupid and maybe a little mean, but boy did it feel good.:D No hard feelings.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, well, you also have Gladiator, Independence Day, The Mummy Returns AND Mission Impossible 2, while I have Cannibal Women in the Avacado Jungle of Death. SO THERE! :p)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I'm not at all ashamed of owning Gladiator , and ID4 was a panic "better get this before it goes OOP even though it's a crappy movie" buy. As far as MI2 and Mummy Returns go....:b

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
I'm not at all ashamed of owning Gladiator , and ID4 was a panic "better get this before it goes OOP even though it's a crappy movie" buy. As far as MI2 and Mummy Returns go....
I also have these four movies, and I'm not ashamed at all!
Gladiator is a fantastic movie. Independence Day, Mission: Impossible 2 and The Mummy Returns are just fun action movies. Nothing wrong with that!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ease up Steeve. Read the other posts. Andrew and I were just exchanging some good natured jabs. I've even considered getting ID4 since it is so cheap now. Nobody is threatening your tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks