What's new

Just found my biggest pet peeve (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Ok, you're turning this into a "Seinfeld" episode. Some calls are more important than others. I've can't recall offending anyone when saying: "I have to take this call, can you wait on the line a few minutes or can I call you back?"

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Call waiting satisfies no one because one of the three people on the line are going to be disappointed that he or she wasn't important enough to continue. It also says that you arbitrate calls and no matter who you speak to the caller on the other end always wonders if you ended the conversation early to speak with the person who rang-in during the conversation.
Call waiting apparently satifies a very large number of people. I know of few people who do not have it. Also, I have never been dissapointed when someone hangs up with me to take another call, nor have people been with me. You take this call waiting stuff WAY to seriously.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I'd have to agree with Mike. I've personally never felt slighted if someone needed to cut our call short and talk with the new caller.

(Except maybe in college when the girl I had a crush on would ditch me for whomever called just 2 minutes into our conversation? :D )

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I was recently in a Carl's Jr. with my brothers.

This young guy(must have just got his new cell phone) was talking extremely loud. Now the conversation seemed frivolous enough: Dude, just got new f...in' exhaust packs, dude f...in' etc. , it was just so damn loud. Finally the man at the table next to him snapped. "Dude would you shut your mouth please, take your phone and your foul language outside" Which he did.

Another recent incident was a young woman at a starbuck's. This was the loudest conversing I have ever heard cellular or non-cellular. She was screaming her dialogue, completely ignoring the barista, no acknowledgement that there was another living human being within her bellering radius.

I myself, just cannot take a call in a public place without excusing myself first. I would feel very embarrassed flapping in a barne's and Noble or supermarket.

Now the the general public has got a hold of the Nextel (two-way cell). For which was primarily a business sect, now, at least in my area is reaching an epidemic. Now you get to hear both sides of the conversation, Yay!!

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I work for the Dept of Defense in a security job (that's all I'll say about it) and I carry a cell phone they gave me since I'm on call 24/7.
True, I rarely get called (thank goodness) but when I do it's usually pretty important and requires a response from me quickly.
That's the only reason I have a cell phone because personally I wouldn't bother with one if my job didn't require it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks