What's new

Just finished some GR Research A/V-1's............. (1 Viewer)

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator
for my parents. I must say, the sound quality is impressive. Compared to my Adire 281's, they have a cleaner, more accurate sound. Of course, the tweeter is significantly more expensive. The bass is quite nice as well. I was surprised at the amount of bass, though they can't compete with the Adire's at anything over a low-medium volume. They do not have the 281's energetic, punchy sound. This may be due to being a bookshelf speaker with one 5 1/4" driver, not a 4 ft tall tower with two 8"s!!!

They are perfect for my parents, who never push them hard at all. I placed a DIY Dayton 12" DVC sealed sub in an overhead loft area, and it compliments the bookshelves nicely. Danny, great speaker!

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator
My Mom's mostly excited that they're camel colored with matching grill material! Matching her decor was the selling point. ;)

I never thought I'd be building my 70 something parents GR speakers and a 12" sub. They're hooked though.

Danny Richie

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Eric,

If you like the cleaner more accurate sound and want the energetic punch as well, then you'll have to look to some of our larger models. :)

I bet your parents are pleased. Nice job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks