Just finished setting up new Denon-AVR 1802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael_Harley, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Michael_Harley

Michael_Harley Auditioning

Some of you may rmember that I was comparing the Denon with a Pioneer Elite model (VSX-33, I believe). Well, I took the advice of many and got the Denon. MAN, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Keep in mind that I went from a Kenwood basic home theater receiver (humble beginnings) that I paid about $175 for to this wonderful piece of machinery. If my little boy wasn't asleep, I would blow the house apart!!
    I never understood what "clean" sounding meant until I turned this baby on! Thanks a lot, people! Now, I'm up and running and very proud of my home theater!
    [​IMG]

2. Richard Harvey

Richard Harvey Stunt Coordinator

Michael,

I know exactly what you mean. I just went from a basic Sony DD receiver to a Denon two weeks ago, and it is absolutely crystal clear sound. My Sony could barely begin driving my speakers before it began distorting, whereas the Denon can blow me out of my living room and there is no hint of distortion.

Rich

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I also know of this same experience after I installed my Denon 1802 yesterday. I replaced a JVC 8000VBK receiver. I've been going through various "tweaks" in getting the receiver mated to my speakers and subwoofer - and with each tweak, the sound gets better and better. However, the JVC has held its own for the past year and five months. With the Denon, I've been using Pro Logic II (Music) for playing my CDs. In my listening area, I have 5 speakers and a subwoofer - my Jazz has been pumping, even with the volume only at the -40 setting. Wow!