What's new

Just finished my Speaker Stands (1 Viewer)

I just finished my speaker stands, so I thought I would post them and find out what you think.
I designed them after the ones on the paradigm site.
I used 1/2 " MDF for the top and bottom with 1 1/4" dowel for the feet, 1 1/2" plastic conduit was used for the 3 posts. the paint was a black texture spray paint from home dumpo.
I drilled holes in the top and bottom for the wire run.
Now it is time to start working on making a better screen :)

____
Mark[

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Caledonia eh, My fiancee is from South Cayuga. And I'm in Port Colborne. Stands look nice. They look like the metal ones.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Craftsmanship and design I give an A.

As for performance, did you fill up the plastic tubes with sand or weight? I would think that ABS plastic won't properly transfer the vibrations from the speaker to the ground.

Good job they look store bought.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.
Shawn, Nice to hear from another Ontario member!
I think it cost me in total about $35 CDN to build. (All at the home depot.)
Not having to cut metal pipe makes it much easier, just standard woodworking tools :)
The top and bottom are attached with 3 1/4 steel threaded rods with T-nuts in the top and nuts and washers on the bottom (I posted another couple of pics )
I left the plan open to add weight in the tubes, as for the plastic not transferring the vibrations to the ground once the 3 steel rods are tight it makes a very strong connection. The feet I have on the stand are just temporary ones till I make some spikes or find some.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Very nice job on the stands. Like the DIY screen. What did you use as borders?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks