What's new

Just finished my album (1 Viewer)

Rob||Kur||

Stunt Coordinator
Took 3 years and a huge investment of time and personal funds, but it was worth it.

Full album is posted on www.needmusic.com

I certainly feel that, being an avid audio hobbyist, I looked at the whole recording process different than most would. I was definitely picky, and any engineer that worked with me will tell you just how anal I was about the sound! Let's just say the mastering process went through 3 series of revisions! The version posted on the site isn't the final revision, but I feel it fits the purpose better, as it's a little brighter and more in-your-face than the final album cut.

Thanks for listening, it means a lot to me.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Rob,

I am a huge music fan and when I say that I mean that I listen to a diverse mix across many genres. I really like the sound you have found here - the music arrangements in particular. Seriously, kudos to you.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Congratulations. I liked the sound, but I also love independent artists - I have pre-ordered and am looking forward to it.

Keep it going!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Rob you should make a myspace music page.

Its amazing how many hits your page can get. Itll really help get your music out there.

Congradulations and good luck

Rob||Kur||

Stunt Coordinator
We actually have one www.myspace.com/musicofneed

It's been OK, but I think the best way to promote is still live shows. Also, I've sent the CD to a bunch of radio stations. Hoping for something there.

Thanks to everyone for listening, and thank you Neil for pre-ordering!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Hey Rob, best of luck with your project. This business can be pretty brutal in terms of actually recouping your investment let alone earning a living from it.

I understand your quest for perfection quite well having spent over 10 years on my last project.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

agreed. I have hundreds of people who gave listened to my tunes and given me feedback with many saying they will definitely buy my CD when released this fall. My sister was actually invited to sing (and went!) at the offiicial french Jeff Buckley 10 yr. memorial concert that was held at the hard rock in Paris because of her page! It's very much worth it. Congrats as well! As someone who knows what this entails, huzzah!

:) d

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks