Just finished listening to LOTR...WOW

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Levesque, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

Just finished listening to The Lord Of The Ring on DVD (friends own a video...so got it earlier), and WOW, with my new Rotel RMB-1095 it was awesome! My 3 friends and my brother-in-law (not at all in HT) just told me that it was better then at the theater (hehe and my brother-in-law just gave me last week the speech "you are spending money for nothing, my 19" JVC is more then enough, blah blah)!! It's not a review, but the sound is impressive (would have prefered DTS but...) and the transfer is really good. Go buy it!!
    Have fun.
    Just before leaving, my sister told me that my brother-in-law was to shy to ask me questions on what to buy to build is own HT (after last week speech...), and that he was really impress with my HT... LOL.

2. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Good to hear! I'm hoping to get my copy soon as well. But I believe this thread belongings over at the Software section.

3. Levesque

Sorry. I put it in here because of my new amp, a silver Rotel RMB-1095. I wanted to do a review of it, but I was still in nirvana, still shocked...
    Incredible soundstage, clear and crisp sound.
    The Balrog was in the room with us. Wow.
    Sorry, still fighthing against tears...

4. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

My bad...your probably going to have to rewatch all your movies to hear the new differences with the amp [​IMG] I was the same way when I got my Parasound 1205A.

5. Levesque

I just started all over again!! Private Ryan, The Matrix, The thing, U-571, Toy Story 1 & 2, and all my DVD-Audio (i got 9), all in 4 days, and I work 12 hours a day ... Not enough time in 1 day...
    Next batch will be Titan A.E, The Prince of Egypt, Jurassic Park III... It's like completely new films with this amp...
    I will have to start back again in 3 weeks when my new Sony KP-57WV700 will be shipped home...It's a time consuming hobby!! LOL

6. Richard_Chung

Richard_Chung Auditioning

what preamp/processor are you using?

rich

7. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

Levesque,

Time for a vacation?

8. Levesque

I'm using a Yamaha RX-V3200 for my pre-amp, with an ICBM between the Yammie and the Rotel. I am a pharmacist, and I own 3 pharmacies, so it's nearly impossible for me to take some vacation...I just installed a DVD-player in the computer in my office to catch up on new films!!