Just Finished Devil May Cry!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeffreyH, Oct 21, 2001.

1. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

I got this game Friday night and couldn't stop playing it. It's great right up to the very end and leaves you wanting more. I rank it higher than Onimusha:Warloads which in my mind was the greatest PS2 game out there for action fans.
    Anyway lets post out final stats on our first times through.
    Normal
    Red Orbs:53535
    Retry: 8
    Total Time: 7hrs 34mins 37sec
    Stylish:91
    Absolute:92
    I haven't started playing it again (I need a break my eyes are all bloodshot) but I checked at the beginning and you get to start the new games with everything you had when you finished your first game. The creator of this game says his fastest team member can beat the whole thing in under 2 hours. So that's definetly like Onimusha, COOL!
    Jeff

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Thats cool, I am in the process of moving so my copy is still sealed, but waiting on me to get moved and then it will be time to tear through this game.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

This game is actually more difficult than I thought, so I'm only on around Mission 15. I have gotten over halfway through some missions and then had to stop without being able to save, so I should actually be farther than I am.
    I know there is a secret mode you unlock after beating the game the first time, then there is one you get after beating the special mode. Do you get everything you ended the game with in the special mode(s)?
    I guess that after beating the game once or twice the next step would be getting S on each mission.

4. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

Wow! I started playing this game again on the Hard mode and if you thought normal mode was challenging your in for a surprise. This is tough!
    I'm now going back on a previous save to get as many items and special moves that I can.
    All the items in hard mode cost MUCH more than before.
    At least the creators mix it up your second time through.

5. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I just finished this last night. It took me just under 6 hours. The last boss(es) were a lot easier than I anticipated. Nightmare's 3rd form was what I got hung up on. I don't know if I'm gonna work on 'Dante Must Die' mode, but I'm glad that it's included. This was one of the best PS2 games of the year.
    Jason

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I beat this game a few days ago and my friend just beat Dante Must Die! mode yesterday. He says being Sparda in Devil mode kicks ass.
    I love this game. The last 4 games I got (ICO, Silent Hill 2, Time Crisis II, Devil May Cry) are all great games. Can't say the same has happened on every console I've owned...4 great games in just a month, plus there are more games that are good.

7. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I finally picked this up today. WOW! [​IMG] What a great game. Pure adrenaline rush. Now I gotta find time to play it. DAoC has been taking up too much of my time lately.

8. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

This game simply rocks!!!
    And my fiancee' loves it too,so another way for us to have fun together! [​IMG]
    Calvin
    ------------------
    "Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

i started to play this game, only to quit because of THPS3