What's new

Just Curious...who bought SVS because of this forum (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Yep, me too, thanks to HTF.
BTW, Do I have the northernmost SVS, anyone higher with an SVS in latitude than Anchorage Alaska? :)
I became an HTF member late last year and have completely overhauled my HT. Not a single wire remains from my system at this time last year...again thanks to HTF and an understanding bride :)
Jeremy

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i'm in that club. after posting on all my other stuff and having questions answered by the infinite knowledge of TV, i finally took the time to browse the site. my selling point was (well the great reviews from here, but mainly) the fact that it was vertical, so it didnt take up much space. when i found out that TV was a founder/builder, i was ready to buy. then i saw a b-stock 25-31PC (just what i was looking for!) and knew it was a sign from the Almighty. it now sits happily a few feet from where i am typing.
thanks TV!
-thomas
------------------
-Thomas
Click here to visit my webpage.

Clark Rozier

Agent
Well I must confess...
The forum had a big part in my grabbing an SVS. But, the clincher was the excellent service that both Tom and Ron provided when answering my questions.
They didn't try to BS me and they actually answered all of the questions that I had to my satisfaction! And, they actually had the nerve to do it in a timely fashion.
Imagine That!
I will continue to support the SVS Team. They make an excellent product and provide excellent service at a reasonable price. I don't think that you can ask for much more than that.
Thanks Guys
Clark

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
If my memory serves, Tom V was the resident bass expert on the HTF, talking about his DIY sub experiments. We were all jealous and someone asked if he would build one for them.
Is that your recollection, Tom? Or am I remembering somebody else? I know I'm not mis-remembering you as the resident Bass head :)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I am going to just as soon as i pay off all the other crap you guys have talked me into.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Likewise. I have my heart set on an SVS. No money in the budget yet to buy one, but when I do get a sub, I'm only considering SVS. Why? (1) Rave reviews here, (2) The SVS guys actually take time to post messages on this forum and answer questions! Talk about customer service! Where else can you buy a top-notch piece of equipment and actually hold a conversation with the guys who designed it? Nowhere that I'm aware of... Oh, and (3) Rack mountable amps at decent prices. Finally, someone who considers us rack owners. I hate paying an extra $500 for a piece of equipment solely because it's rack mountable. (As a result, most of the items in my rack are on shelves)
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Ok, I admit it: I set you up the bomb.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
blush.gif
You got me.
To be honest, it wasn't JUST this forum, but MAN! did it have a lot to do with it!
biggrin.gif

I first heard about SVS via this place, posted a couple of times asking questions. Then I did some research to verify what everyone was saying here. In the end, I felt justified in making my first internet purchase for an audio component.
And I couldn't be happier!
icon14.gif

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations! You all saved me some money from buying another, less reasonably-priced sub!

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I was order #75 on the 20-39 SVS list. And if I hadn't stopped here I wouldn't have know about SVS.
------------------

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Count me in as someone who first heard of SVS here and who bought one after reading the rave reviews here. It didn't hurt that Tom and Ron are active HTF members who provide unbiased opinions to potential customers, sometimes even steering them to another brand.
Ever wonder what it looks like when an SVS is born? Surf to my site and you can see the unpacking of my SVS 20-39PC. :)
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Yup!
Tom definitely was el bass-o-mundo, he knows the stuff inside and out. Judging by the quality - more on the inside
biggrin.gif

He convinced a few, including a couple of the Admins. They tried them, talked me into it. I talked my blushing bride into getting it for me for Christmas.
Lo and behold, a nice 16-46CS now graces my living room.
Ahhh....
Mike

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my dual 20-39CS's with the Samson amp two weeks ago and it's all because of this forum and the great reviews from those who are using the subs. I can't believe the difference it has made and eventhough my wife isn't pleased with the location and looks, I know she's impressed with the output. I'm now like many others, and when I pay these off this month I'll be saving for my next upgrade, which will probably be a Bryston 9B-ST amp, or maybe speakers, or a pre/pro, or ...
it never ends!!
Mike

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
Hi, my name is Shawn……and I’m an SVS-oholic.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have (2) 20-39CS’s powered by twin Parasound HCA-1201A Amps complements of the hundreds of SVS posts that I started to read here late last year.
Shawn S

Bought my SVS (with Ryan S., by the way!) due to this forum. Never even heard of them. Went to AudioReview after to check them out. Couldn't be happier.
sdg
------------------

TysonN

Agent
I did too. SVS rocks my home theater like there is no tomorrow. Since 4 out of the 6 room boundaries are re-inforced concrete in my HT room, I get bass re-inforcement like you would not believe. A single 16-46 is all the bass I need. Just wanted to say "Thank you" to SVS for offering such an incredible sub at such low prices :)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Count me in.
Also it's great to support other Forum Members who start up a new business.
Tom and Ron where posting often, well before SVS came to be.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new pictures!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I bought because of Tom's and Ron's ethics and honesty as they educated many of us at HTF. I did'nt buy a sub, I bought the results of someones passion and craftsmanship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks