What's new

Just Curious...who bought SVS because of this forum (1 Viewer)

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this doesn't violate the "silly thread" rule, but I was curious as to how many members were directly influenced by the information and the rave reviews found in this forum. I was convinced and took the plunge months ago with a 20-39CS and couldn't be more pleased (until I add a second one).

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't yet, but I fully intend to. I'm already saving the money. :) .......Wil
------------------
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time

Due N

Grip
Well, I first heard of SVS on audioreview.com. Then found my way over here. So, both forums should get the credit. :)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I am going to just as soon as i pay off all the other crap you guys have talked me into.
laugh.gif

------------------
The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
I too heard of SVS and Hsu on audioreview first. The discussions and recommendations there were however nothing when compared to the zealous following on this board. It's prolly cuz S&V chose to 'base' themself here.
oh well.. whenever I have the money or space to try one.
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Curtis_Edwards

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to be ordering an cs-ultra and amp very soon. It will be an early xmas present to myself.
biggrin.gif

------------------
-- CUE
"Without Struggle There Is No Progress!!"

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I got my Vandersteen V2W last year before I really started cruising HTF.
I can definately say that for my next sub, I will look at SVS.
(But personally, I still hope that they do a "big box" sub someday.)
------------------

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I first heard of them here and believe i was one of their very early customers... I still love the twin 20-39cs i have...

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I first heard about the SVS on this forum. I started thinking then about getting one "someday". If memory serves correctly, I even remember Tom and Ron talking about forming a company to make affordable subs, then a short time later SVS came into being. I remember reading all of the enthusiastic early feedback they were receiving from HTF members, which only added to my desire to have an SVS. Then came the equally enthusiastic reviews on Audioreview.com and even a handful of professional reviews were also quite complimentary.
So my ultimate buying decision (I ended up with a b-stock 20-39PC) wasn't due EXCLUSIVELY to HTF, but certainly the SVS seeds were planted here. From what I can tell so far (after less than 2 hours of use), I made a very good decision.
Thanks SVS!!
Steve K.

Martice

Screenwriter
Although I don't own any SVS model YET, I did have chance to hear them at a fellow HTF members home. I posted an SOS to anyone in my area that had any SVS model sub to please contact me to further discuss the performance and possibly allow me to come hear them. Well, after a couple of conversations over the phone we set a date to come hear his twin 2531's and I was very impressed with performance of the subs almost as much as the hospitality shown to me by the member and his family. Needless to say, I will be purchasing for starters a 2039cs shortly and I owe it all to the many contributors on this site and especially the gentleman and his wonderful family that allowed me to come into his home and experience what SVS had to offer.
Thanks again and Keep Banging!!!!

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I was literally 1 day away from trading in my DefTech Prosub, for one of their 15" subs.
Just happened to actually pay attention to the advertisements at the top of these forums and saw the ad for SVS.
Hit their site...figured I'd just skim through and blow them off.
Wrong!
A few hours later, after completly reading their site, and ALL the posts on this forum, I bought one of their 16-46pc's.
Of course I had to wait 2 months to get it but, it's been nothing but a kick ass performing sub.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Me. I ordered my dual 20-39CS's last september. I have been a member at HTF for a long time, and always enjoyed reading TV's posts and LFE graphs, so when I heard he started selling subs, I picked up 2.
Jeff Peake

J

John Morris

I bought a pair of their 20-39cs subs in October after I heard about them here on HTF. Subsequently, I sold those, through HTF's Hardware for Sale forum, and bought a new Ultra.
Hmmmm, maybe this thread was actually started by Packy?
eek.gif

Ron and TV... get ready for that advertising space increase in price!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks