What's new

Just curious what you think of my planned equipment. (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hello everyone!

I am currently an electrical apprentice. When I finish in a year and a half, I plan on finally buying the home theater equipment I really want. Currently I have a 31" JVC Tv, I use my X-Box for a DVD player, I use 12" Cerwin Vegas for my main speakers, I have a 12"powered Cerwin Vega sub, JBL center channel, KLH rear surrounds, and a Yamaha 795a receiver.

The speakers are the first thing I am going to upgrade. I really like Definitive Technology speakers. I plan on getting 2 BP 2000TLs, C/L/R 3000 center, and BPVX/Ps for the rear surrounds.

I really like the way Denon receivers sound and I plan on getting the AVR 5803 or whatever model compares to this in a year and a half.

I also like the sounds of the Denon 3800 DVD player.

For the tv? I am really stuck there. I really like the quality of Pioneer Elite CRTS, but with LCOS, Plasma, and, DLP technologies getting better, I don't know which road to take. And with front projectors improving in the past few years has thrown in another option for me. Any suggestions?

I know things can change a lot in a year and a half, but I have been stuck on Definitve and Denon for five years now. What do you guys think of my choices? I thank you for your input.

This is my second post. If this question belongs in a better section of this forum, could you point me in the proper direction?

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Planning ahead for an HT purchase is fine, and your selections look solid. BUT...don't limit yourself to these brands, a lot can happen between now and then. A few auditions of other brands before you start buying all your gear may make you change your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks