What's new

Just curious, what constitutes a "Popular Thread" on the front page? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I realize the content may differ depending on which HTF member is looking at it, and what our cookies say about our browsing history. But today my Popular Thread was "Are SVS Subs that good?" So I clicked on it, preparing to give some feedback because I bought some subs (Hsu and PowerSoundAudio in case anyone cares) circa 2018, and wanted to contribute to this "Popular Thread".

Only to find that all of the posts in it were from June - August of 2006.

So just wondering about the algorithm on why a nearly 14 year thread would suddenly be a Popular Thread front page link for me. Have others experienced similar results?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
What’s “popular” is based analytics. Even though that is an extremely old thread, for whatever reason it is suddenly a popular one. It may not have recent responses, but for some reason it suddenly has a high number of visitors.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Adam! Interesting! Probably since many of us are staying home...suddenly the interest in amping up one's HT is relevant again. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks