What's new

Just completely updated my website, what do ya think? (1 Viewer)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I happen to like hdtv. I get mine OTA, so there's no monthly bill to worry about, though I don't get the extra channels...
The reason I asked about the speakers was that DVD-Audio and SACD can be fun, but three inch speakers generally don't do such a good job with it. I prefer B&W dm303-- but that's just me.

Cords can be partially hidden within speaker stands.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Hi all. This is my first time checking out this thread even though John told me about it a week ago. Sorry, John.

For those of you who don't know, John and I are very good friends. We met here at HTF and realized we don't live that far from each other (2 hrs) and see each other about once a month.

Anyway, I have seen John's set-up in person and I'm very impressed with it. Never having seen a HT set-up before I was blown away. And that was before he upgraded everything. Now it's even more impressive.

To someone like me, who is not an expert on HT or even knows anything about it John's system is very cool. Not everyone makes $80K a year and can afford the best equipment. I think John has done the best he can considering his financial and living restrictions. And I agree with John, all the action figures around the screen totally fade away once you start watching something on that HUGE screen. That is all you are focused on.

Like John has mentioned several times, he lives in a small apartment so where he can display his figures is limited. So, he does the best he can. He likes all his action figures and wants to be able to see them, I think that is his right. And just for the record, I'm a girl and I'm not repulsed by his action figures at all. I actually think they are pretty cool. And so does my mom's boyfriend. I think he's a little jealous of John's collection. Especially his light sabers. ;)

John, I agree with you. There is a difference between giving constructive criticism and being insulting and I think that Mark guy was definitely insulting.

Edited by HTF Staff

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
One last thing-- the website's "previous page"/"next page" links are less than effective. They work, but a web site reader could fail to notice them, and thus skip pages two and three. In fact, that's why I asked you about speakers in the first place...

I'm not a big fan of next page/previous page links anyway. I much prefer hyperlinks within the body of the text.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Wendy, personal attacks of any kind directly contravene forum rules. Consider this a friendly warning. Any other posts of this nature will result in account suspension. The offending comment has been removed.

I suggest John and Mark take a time out and everyone else take a deep breath before continuing.

Adam Barratt
HTF Administrator

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Sorry, Adam. John is a friend so I was just backing him up. I understand why you took it out. Consider me warned.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
John,

If you dig your system, then I say good for you, man! It ain't the way I'd do it, but that's what makes the world go 'round, right?

Mark,

I love criticism! Takes a look at the pics of my former room (I've upgraded several times. And moved). Then let 'er rip. I can take it, Simon!

BTW, I've got several McD's toys flanking my tube TV in my current temp room. Cheers, gang.

DS.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, Wendy, if you see this before you leave work i'll talk to ya soon. :)

Ahh, that explains it, thanks Jeremy. Hmm, I don't think that there's anything I can do to fix that, I think that i'm pretty much stuck with the software that MSNTV provides in their webpage builder tools. I'll find out, though.

Thanks, didn't think of that. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
Hey, Jon...

Don't let this individual bring you down.

Being critical is one thing, but to insult someone and play games with them is quite another.

Good job on the system! I have seen it in person and it truly is awesome!

Every Home Theater set-up is unique on it's own, no matter how much money goes into it.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou

You can always use the "links" option to put links, to your other pages, on your main page. That is what I did when I was using Webtv. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
John, you had me until WebTV.

On another note, it's a bit dissapointing that we now have a thread rewarding rudeness and just plain stupidity.

Ah well.

--
H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, Louie, i'll try that. :emoji_thumbsup:

Yeah, I know, don't bust my chops. ;) Anyway don't worry, I just got a computer and as soon as I get DSL or high speed, i'm dumping msntv.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I covet your theater.

The commandments tell me I shall not covet, but I do. Badly :D

mylan

Screenwriter
Mark has to feel like a real turd right about now, this whole thread has become about mocking HIM. John, when I lived in an apartment, I had no where near what you've got and now that I DO have a dedicated theater, I still don't. I did not wire for a F.P. cause at the time it was still out of my price range and I wanted my wife to be able to operate things so I got a 60" Sony LCD. Yes, I can crank my audio, but you got my video beat to shame, what you need to do is invite your neighbors over so that you CAN crank it occasionally.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Which is why I dropped it and am making an attempt to steer the thread back on course.

As for my neighbors, they're actually very understanding, I can watch movies at a reasonably loud volume with no complaints, in fact, in the entire three years i've lived here i've got no complaints at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks