What's new

Just completely updated my website, what do ya think? (1 Viewer)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Have you considered dabbling in HD? Though the infocus is 480p, HDTV has other advantages besides resolution-- dolby digital and much better colors, for example.

(Mark has scared me away from ever making a home theater website-- at least until I develop some serious decorating sense...)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, I want HD very much and it's next on the list. I know what you mean about the 4805, heck, i've seen what HD looks like runnng through an X1 and it looked great.

It's this assumption that prompted me to get an upconverting player, I knew that even though the 4805 was 480p, I would still see SOME degree of improvment and I was right.

As for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, i've opted to wait on that until the technology matures and more titles become available.

And don't allow Mark to scare you, i'd love to see your HT. :emoji_thumbsup: I don't care how much someone tells me that my system isn't good enough to have a site dedicated to it, it wouldn't stop me.

I'm proud of my system and you should be too if your happy with it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Mark has scared me away from ever making a home theater website-- at least until I develop some serious decorating sense...)

Just as long as what you pickout doesnt cost 10 times more than the gear.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I think that having the stuff all over the floor looks a bit tacky, but I also think that one of the great things about both home theater and "doll" collecting is that both hobbies are so vast and personal, that people have the freedom to do both, however they see fit, and to do whatever makes them happy.

I'm a "doll collector" myself, and I've probably spent a lot more on Star Wars junk than home theater junk over the years--which I'm totally cool with. Yeah, I could probably have a lot nicer system if I didn't buy so much SW crap, but I also would be a lot less happy overall, because I wouldn't have as much cool SW junk in my collection. So I've got both hobbies balanced out in a way that I'm comfortable with--a "best of both worlds" type of thing.

Personally, I wouldn't display my stuff all over the floor, but it's not my house, and I'll never see it in person, so who am I to begrudge John for it? In the end, as long as he likes his own setup, that's all that matters.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Precisely! I've struck a balance that is satisfactory to me between my two hobbies. And yeah, I guess it is a little tacky, but i've never been one to adhere to trends, plus, it looks much cooler in person. ;)

Mark,
you keep bringing up this BS about me having a better set-up if I didn't buy this stuff, like I actually made a concious decision to do that years ago when I started buying this stuff.

I'm sorry, my freind, but you need to learn tact...bad.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry, my freind, but you need to learn tact...bad.

Again Im the Bad man. As you stated in the opening of this thread. "Feedback is welcome" Well I have given My feed back and since it is of negitive connotation about your system Im the Bad guy. Oh so other people have liked it. So what im not allowed to voice My own opion on a public forum? God forbid someone tells it like it is.

Its like those cry babies On American Idol who have been told there whole life that they can sing. Then when Somebody tells them ( Simon ) that they cant they get all bent out of shape about it. Saying that he doesnt know what hes talikng about Blah Blah D'freakin Blah.

Oh and Let me just Say This. "The Mini Rock Lounge" VERY WELL DONE. Just the right Balance of system and Starwars. Awesome

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

What's really very sad is that you seemingly aren't even aware of how your coming across here.

So, let's move on shall we, I don't need to justify myself or my system to you any longer.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hey JoHn I want to make it up to you. I Just Got a Happy Meal at McDonalds for lunch. I have the Toy left over. Give me your address so you can add it to your Gallery.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
What's really very sad is that you seemingly aren't even aware of how your coming across here.

Really john How Am I coming aross here? As some one who tells it as it is and is not afraid to tell them whats up. So whats really Wrong John? You all bent out of shape cause someone Had the balls to tell you that your system could use a bit of an overhall?

You asked for feedback and I gave feedback but it wasnt the Nice kind that you wanted and your all sad about it BOO FREAKIDY HOOO.

henry stobbe

Auditioning
John, looks cool. I would have had the exact same look some years ago, before the WAF set in.

Good job!

Henry

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Good God! What happened here? Mark, look man, there is no need for that kind of shit here. You made your point, in your first post, so it is time to move on dude.

Kudos to John for maintaining composure. I have a low tolerance for those kind of people who can do nothing but make vacuous comments. My hats off to you bud! :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, Louie.

The one thing that this thread did accomplish, thanks in part to Jeremy for getting my already-oiled wheels turning ;), is that i'm seriously considering calling my cable provider and getting HD put in.

I think I may do it next weekend. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I dig the pj and the screen. Hope you don't take it personally but I think the toys are definitely on the tacky side as others have pointed out. This is a theater that will truly repel women.

Receiver looks nice, I'd consider upgrading the speakers to JBL Northridges. Lotsa bang per buck, and you got the room to go much bigger than those Sony's. Solid system overall.

ps- it would be nice to see a shot of where you sit, if you have any.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yeah, the JBL Northridges are nice, I may upgrade my speakers again when tax time rolls around again next year, what do the JBL's go for these days?

Thanks for the compliments too BTW. :emoji_thumbsup:

EDIT: Almost forgot, I don't have any pics of my seating area, but I always sit on the couch which is located directly in front of the screen about 14' away, visitors usually sit either on the couch or in the two recliners that sort of flank the couch.

I'll get a pic up as soon as I can :emoji_thumbsup:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I say DUMP the cable and spend the money you save on more DVDs or a next-generation disc player once they get the format war figured out. I was getting cable for FREE a couple years ago and didn't see a single thing worth watching on it. I'm thinking of changing my location to "In the house that has abolished channel bugs!"

The pictures from the projector look nice, but every one I've seen in person I haven't been much impressed with- there's just something off about them. I prefer the plain ol' picture tubes, I have a 40-inch Mitsubishi right now which was the biggest picture tube available, but I haven't seen any HD picture tube sets that even come close to its size so I don't know what I'm gonna end up replacing this one with.

The "exhibits" around the screen are cool, I don't have any art around my viewing area though because it distracts from what's on the screen. I think I'd keep watching for Chucky's reaction to whatever he's watching.

I've found that visible wiring repels women the most- in some cases though it can't be helped.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would dump cable in a heartbeat, but there are too many shows on that I watch every week. I do all of my dvd watching at night, so in the dark the figures don't really draw that much attention to themselves, I guess i'm just used to them being there that I don't really acknowledge them anymore lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks