Just completely updated my website, what do ya think?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Inspector Hammer!, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    In the last 3 months I have upgraded not only my audio system but my video as well and it rendered my old HT site outdated. Well, it took a few hours, but yesterday I gave it a complete overhaul, changing and adding text and all new pictures of my room.

What do you guy's and gal's think? Is there something that I should add that you think would make the site better?

Feedback is welcome, to check it out just click the link in my sig.

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. STARKILLER1138

STARKILLER1138 Second Unit

Very cool John! Now that is a fun HT! I also like how you displayed the MR FX sabers; and, I REALLY like the display of figures in front of the screen. Great job! [​IMG]

3. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Thank you, i'm glad you like it. [​IMG] I put the figures in front of the screen for a couple of reasons, one is that I have so many of those things that I am out of room lol, and second is to further conceal the wires and to just add some personality to the screen.

My theater is all about movies, and my room reflects that I think.

4. BrettB

BrettB Producer

I think I saw a nipple? [​IMG]

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

[​IMG] yup I did for about 5 minutes. [​IMG] oh yeah that is a nice site and setup.

6. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

what speakers do you use?

7. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Second Unit

Really nice John...great example of how to have a nice HT without investing a fortune. Thanks for taking the time to write the descriptions and explanantions!

8. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson

It's on the site, they are just a Sony 7.1 package. I live in an apartment so hi-end speakers wouldn't get the proper workout here, i'd starve the poor things lol.

Thanks, Chuck and Jerome. [​IMG]

9. AlyssaAnders

AlyssaAnders Extra

Looks good, nice collection! I enjoyed the pictures.

10. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

11. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    It's cool, Jeremy, I realize that the speaker package i'm using is less than stellar, but in my environment they do the job very well, they run clear, without distortion and dialogue is very prominant and not overly bright, of course having them all calibrated to one another relative to my listening position helps, too.

They're Sony's, but they're fine for my needs at the moment. [​IMG]

12. JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin Producer

Nice screen, though...

13. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Thanks.

14. STARKILLER1138

STARKILLER1138 Second Unit

I'm sure the speakers do just fine John. It is refreshing to see something different than the typical screen, speakers, and seating in a box. After a while, they all start to look the same. Kudos man for doing something cool and different, that reflects your taste, instead of going with the same-o.

15. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I really like your collection.....it conveys a real love for movies. I also like how you displayed your MR lightsabers. Makes me very tempted to buy one myself. It must be a bitch to dust them all though. [​IMG]

16. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

Well where to begin.Not to sound Like a complete ASS or SNOB. The Speakers are way too low on the wall, I can see tooo many wires. I Think you could have a MUCH better system if you didnt buy all of the DOLLS. Having a few is OK,......... But... Christ. The money on the light Sabers, Dolls Im sorry action Figures and Robo Cop could have gone towards Better speakers, a receiver, and a Kick ass sub.

Im sorry but Im not Impressed.

Who helped you with the room? Andy Stitzer?

17. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Thanks, Louie and Joseph. [​IMG] As for dusting them all, two words, compressed air. [​IMG]

Mark,
    man, I don't mind feedback on how to improve things but your one tough critic! I don't mean to sound harsh, but not everyone in the world can afford a 1k receiver and 1k a pair speakers, and even if I could I couldn't drive them hard enough to warrent the money they would cost, so what's the point? All they would have gotten me is evicted. [​IMG]

You failed to take into consideration my environment before you posted.

The front speakers have been placed at my ear level as they should be BTW, and i've tried to hide the wiring as best I could, because like I said it's an apartment and I can't go cutting holes in the walls to hide wiring, you need to take that into consideration as well.

As for my figures, it's not as if I bought them all at once, I got them slowly over a number of years and i've gotten nothing but compliments on them from people who visit.

I like to think of my system as a good independant movie, a fine production made on a limited budget and with love, no one helped me with it, not a 40 year old virgin or otherwise. [​IMG]

18. Mark Sherman

John I had a system in my old house which happen to be an old apartment Building that was turned into condos. My system was just Sick. Not going to get to specifics but it Kicked ass. At lower Volumes it sounded great and I could get high Volumes with disturbing the neighbors.

No Not Everyone can afford 1K Receivers and 1K worth of speakers. But Im willing to Hazard a Guess that if one were NOT to Buy DOLLS and put that money into a system you might have something worth showing people. But a Subpar system with more toys that would FAO Schwartz envious Not worth it.

Im Doing My basement over in a few months and Ill have thoseup for all to see. NO DOLLS,MAYBE POSTERS.

Im sending you a PM

19. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    I should have read your latest post before I responded to your pm.

So, I have a subpar system not worth showing to people?

Whatever you say. [​IMG]

20. Mark Sherman

Im the Simon Cowell of the Audio world/ Home theater. I say it like it is. I see a system that Looks Good Clean Install and has Good equipment I give people Credit. I have seen systems that people spend a Boat load on and I was not impressed then there are the small well done systems that really impress me.

You have pictures of your theater for all the world to see. Where everyone is commenting on how Nice it looks Blah Blah Blah. Now Here comes Mr. John Q Bad guy ( That would be me ) and God forbid makes a critical remark on your system. Oh NO!!!!. Now Im Mr Elitist because I made a bad Comment about your system. Shame on me.

Now if this was about your vast Collection of movie ( insert proper nomenclature here) then that is something diff ( it is nice by the way) But I made a comment on how the system pales in comparison to the collection. Thats all.