What's new

Just completed my GR-Research AV-3's (1 Viewer)

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I must say they sound excellent (even in my crappy room, which is next on my list of things go fix), although I'm not completely done evaluating them yet. I've been more than happy with the project results and Danny at GR-Research is a HUGE help before, during, and after the project. I can send final photo's to anyone who would like to see....email me at [email protected] and I'll send them......Next is the AV-3 center channel, which is coming today!

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
congrats on your new av-3 speakers. I'm sure you will enjoy them more when they broke in... They produce beautiful sound. Can you post some pix up here? And do give us an update on the av-3 center speaker as I'm considering building it myself. Thanks.

Al,

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Nice, did you go for the Sonicap Upgrade?

I had a pair of AV3s side by side with a pair that had Sonicaps and I noticed a difference in smoothness of the vocals and it sounded less muffled with the Sonicaps.

Careful that nobody pushes in the tweeters as you can use tape to pull out the dome again but it won't look the same. hehe

They are great speakers and have been performing like champs for years.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Yes, I went with the Sonicap upgrades. I can't see why anyone would spend that much time on them and not spend the extra $60-70 for that! We finished my friends AV-1's tonight (also with the sonicap upgrades). They sound very nice, I'd say a considerable bit better than my old B&W 602 s2's. What amazed me the most, and I don't care what the specs say, was that the AV-1's with the 5.25 inch woofers and the way smaller box sounded much much better in the lower end than my old 602's with a 7 inch woofer. Now I can't wait to get my AV-3 center completed to finish off the project! Unfortunately I can't start on it unil the 11th of Feb...Oh yeah Chris, I do have the grill covers, I used the pre-cut baffles which worked well. I just took them off for the pic...not that they would really keep anyone from pushing in the tweeter anyway I guess....

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Finished the center last week. Here's a pic. Started working on some room treatments this weekend as well.....
my.php
[/url][/url][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks