1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Just checked out the new sony 665 5 disc progressive dvd player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Youssef, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

this thing looks like to be a steal at $249. This unit has something I have never seen another dvd player do and that is pick up from the EXACT spot where you left off from in a DVD movie even AFTER you remove the disc from the tray and play another movie as well. It can remember up to 40 disc titles and their locations!!! I even tried it out at work and it definitely worked like a charm.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Youssef, you are referring to the bookmarking feature on the Sony players. Sony has been offering this feature for awhile. My Sony DVP-C670D carousel DVD changer, which I've had for nearly two years, allows you to store something like 10 bookmarks per DVD for up to 300 DVDs. The previous 'C650D changer had a bookmarking feature too. I know that Pioneer has also offered this feature on certain players in the past. It is a great feature.

3. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

Have you tried a home burned VCD on it yet? What is it's MP-3 interface like (ie, will it random play, what kind of menu to access folders and stuff like that)?

Thanks

4. Dave_M

Dave_M Agent

David Martin
    Here is a link to my first impressions on the Sony. For me it didn't work. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=78618
    Next up was the JVC FA90(good picture but digital out was bypassed for CDR/RW and mp3-not good) and have decided on Panasonic cp67. So far everything is good with this unit. I have another post about it somewhere in this forum. By the way, the feature Youssef was talking about is different than bookmarks. Instead, it is an updated version of the resume play function. There is no bookmark feature on this Sony. All it does is remember the last stopped position for up to 40 discs(1 per disc) and will start play from there. A very cool feature but I missed the bookmarks.
    Dave