What's new

Just buy the 3802?? (1 Viewer)

Yogi

Screenwriter
The only thing he mention the 3803 having is the official DD EX logo ....
So does that mean the 3803 will be THX certified because I thought, and correct me if I am wrong, the only way a product can bear the DD-EX logo is by being THX certified. If so you can be assured that Denon will cut corners in order to keep the price same (that is if it is infact keeping the price same) because I think that would mean beefier power supply capable of atleast 125 W/ch and being able to handle low impedance loads. OTOH I could be wrong in assuming that EX logo mandates THX certification in which case all I said is invalidated and all the future 3803 owners can rest in peace:)
In any case the 3802 is a solid value product that will keep you happy for a few years atleast. In fact I consider it one of the best values in budget HT today if hometheater is your prime goal. For any maraginal increase in performance from the 3802 you will have to shell out considerably more. For $699 you just cant go wrong. Buy it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks