What's new

Just built a friend's system; need recommendations for good surround-sound discs. (1 Viewer)

Burki

Agent
My friend was asking me to build him a home theater system at his house and today we bought everything we need and i did the rest which i dont know so much about cables and etc.

we bought this system:

ONKYO TX-SR501
DV-SP501
SKS-HT103E

and system is amazing. he has a projektor tv and works great.

i want to show his family a good demostration with TROY but it wasnt enough. i need some good movie which they can feel surrounds better. any suggestions?

JohnCZ

Stunt Coordinator
Good recommendations from Kurt C.. I would also add Saving Private Ryan and 007-Tommorrow Never Dies. The first couple of chapters of each DVD.

John

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Burki, the Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. Since you're asking for good demo titles to show off surround effects, you should post here in the Software area. I've also edited your thread title to better reflect your question. Thanks.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
I really like the early raining part of "Open Range". It has a very nice surround effect through all your speakers. At the end of the movie, the gun fight sounds so real. It contains some really deep bass which you can demo your sub. In my opinion, the movie is great. Although, it might start out a lil slow in the early part of the movie. Congrats on the system.

Al,

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
fifth element
bad boys 2
mi:2 (bike chase)
and if its set up right inside the x jet in x:2 during the shooting down

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Anaconda and Mask Of Zorro superbits both have wonderful, immersive, ambient soundtracks.

Superman The Movie has a beautiful re-mixed 5.1 soundtrack, that unlike the recent SW trilogy, preserves the gravitas of the Williams score (and sounds magnificent), and doesn't overpower the dialogue with effects flash (some will probably disagree)

Todd Phillips

Second Unit

I'd have to agree. Lots of subtle environmental effects, in addition to the bombastic directional cannon fire. Plus, when it storms, you get actually cold and wet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks