Just bought Tosh 65h82 for $1988.....good?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Thompson, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Joe Thompson

Joe Thompson Stunt Coordinator

I have been looking on here for a few days now, checking out all the comments and such.....I sold my old house/bought a new house, & sold my 1991 Mits 45" to my realtor....so, out I go shopping. I was looking at spending 1600 or less for a 45 to 55 or even a few bucks less for a 36 to 40 tube....but I saw this at Fry's new in the box delivered for 2200, on a 1 day sale.....I checked at sears, Best Buy, they wanted 2999 for this....Best buy wouldnt even price match, made me wait for over an hour then the manager came & said we wont price match, its too much of a difference.....I freaked out, then she said it must be a refurbished item....so I checked it out at Fry's & it is brand new in the box!!
    Sears couldnt get it to me until jan 17th.....I dont want to wait that long.
    So, is this a good deal for a good set, or am I going to be dissapointed with the picture....it actually sucked in the showroom at Fry's, but at sears it looked pretty good...any info before they deliver it on Jan 1st would be helpful

Thanks in advance
    Joe

2. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

Looks like a deal to me!

Be sure to rent/buy the Avia DVD to have on hand for initial setup, and then enjoy!

Jan

3. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

very good deal.. Definitely use Avia or VE and you will for sure want to remove that mirror Toshiba calls a protective screen.

4. Joe Thompson

Joe Thompson Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the responses, I am new to the forum here & I appreciate the feedback. This purchase has been a huge issue, wondering if I should go widescreen or not....the size, etc.
    Also, where can I rent AVIA? Does blockbuster or hollywood video carry it?.....

I will probably just buy it, but i wont have it before the TV gets delivered so I hope to rent it first...I know to turn the contrast down first thing....anything else I should be doing?

This forum realy is way too cool!!

Joe