just bought studio series speakers JBL

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jerry quintana, Jun 17, 2002.

1. jerry quintana

I just bought jbl's studio speakers for real cheap was it worth it? i got the S36Aw, S312, Center I paid 169 each for the floor standing speakers with 12 inch speaker reg price 500. 200 for the rear surrounds reg price 499 and 79 for the center reg price 279. I fell this was a good deal now all I need is a sub can anyone sugest a good one? what about an amp? I have a 5.1 reciver dolby digital dts. It has 100X5 these speakers are rated at 250 each should i get an amp? any help would be appriciated thanks guys.

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

How much are you looking to spend on the sub? How big is your room? Are you using it more for HT or music? What kind of receiver do you currently have?

BTW, yes, the S series and specifically the S312, S36, and S-Center are great for the price.

3. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

The bass is a little weak on the 312, but the quality of these US made products is outstanding for the money. I have the 312 and the 38's. The bass on the CV 715 is better, but if you have a sub then you are good to go.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Go to UBID/JR/6th ave/Onecall/Oades/Etronics/Ecost etc and get your best price for a sub(get a 15" sub). I would keep your rcvr for now and see how you like it. Where did you get those speakers for that price????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. jerry quintana

best buy had them miss priced

5. Norman L

Norman L Second Unit

Jerry,
    Where did you get them for that price?
    S-center and the S36