1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Just bought speakers, would appreciate help with picking a reciever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TimJim, Dec 17, 2002.

1. TimJim

TimJim Auditioning

Hi everyone, I know you all get these kind of questions alot but I am so lost when it comes to receivers. I just bought Cambridge Soundworks Newton speakers (I love Cambridge Soundworks) P1000 sub, S300s for the rear, MC300s for the front. Being so close to Christmas I don't have a whole lot of money to spend ~$300 - $600, any recommendations? I have been looking at the Pioneer VSX-D811S and the Sony STR-DA4ES so far. I wish I had got on that HK deal last week :- Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim

2. StanleyW

StanleyW Stunt Coordinator

got a HK 310 for $300. if you are interested. depending on where you are in nj i might even deliver it to you. let me know. thanks.

3. JohnSer

JohnSer Stunt Coordinator

If you mean the HK520 for just under $500 w/shipping, you can still get it very close to that. OneCall has it for $534 w/shipping and you can use $20 coupon and you are at $514. Still a great deal. Also see J&R and others have it priced close. If there is stock around after xmas, might be able to get it lower.
    BTW, Onecall left a message on my phone asking to make sure I received it and had any questions. Didn't call back, but was impressed that the Etailer would call. Or is it, my one call allowed for a new customer [​IMG] .
    JohnS