What's new

Just bought my first RPTV: Toshiba 51H84 (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
After some price matching a some scrambling for money I actually decided to buy the Toshiba 51H84.

I don't think I will regret not getting the 57". I mean it would have been nice, but at the end of the day, when your 26 years old, money and funds will come into a factor. And I think I really truly got an amazing deal in the 51"

Best Buy sells the 51H84 for $2199.99, but from the graces of God came Futureshop with a sale on this model of $1799.99. God bless the man who invented price matching and the 110% price guarantee. So after the price match and the 10% of the difference I scored this HDTV for $1749 + $359 for the 5 year warranty and 50 bucks for delivery. After tax, warranted for 5 years and into my home for $2489. For the same thing at regular price I saved $552. Good enough for me, I won't even look back.

I'm thoroughly glad I got the 5 year warranty. As much as I used to be completely against them, Best Buys PSP's seem to be pretty darn good. And to know that Best buy warrants my product till February 2010 is kind of comforting.

It will be delivered on Saturday and I will be itching for it's arrival. This is the first projection tv I have ever owned and I have been wanting a 16:9 television for a long long time now. I've had Avia for about 4 years now and have used it a zillion times for my audio and a few times for my DV toshiba, but now I get to use it to it's full potential.

Well, there's not much more to say. Saturday better hurry it butt up and get here.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Cool, just in time Super Sunday. Enjoy it, if you don't have it get DVE (Digtal Video Essentials) spend all the time you need to calibrate that baby, even if it takes all night:D congrads.

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at this TV also. BB has this right now for $1699 on their website. I thought it was a bit high but if you PMed at 1799 this must be a great price.

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Yes, but I am in Canadian dollars. 1699 US is almost regular price of 2199 Canadian.

I'd keep shoping around if you are looking for a good deal.

2199CAD = approx 1799US

I paid:

1695 CAD = 1356 US.

See the difference. To get the same type of deal that I received, you would have to find the TV for around 1350 - 1400 dollars US. Do some searching on the internet for prices at places like Onecall and such, Best Buy should match and beat whatever lowest price you can find.

Aside from that, the tv is absolutely stunning. I cannot praise this set enough.

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
I checked Onecall and their finaly delivery price is $1454. The 3 year warranty is $159. They are an authorized dealer. They'd ship from WV (I'm in VA) and there are 4 local authorized repair shops (pray I wouldn't need to use that)

No tax and free shipping so the final price for me would be $1613. I'm going to Best Buy hopefully tonight and see if they'll match. If not right now OneCall is going to get my business it looks like.

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
See...just a little extra looking a voila a much lower price.

Let me know how it goes with the price matching. Since the tvs are the same, go for the lowest price possible.

Maybe even try to take a look at the extended warranties and see which is better. I took the 5 year on from best buy. Some people don't like these warranties, but when you spend 2000 bucks on a tv, even if I never use it, it's comforting to know that it is covered till 2010.

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
Well Best Buy wouldn't match their price. I figured they wouldn't, especially in our area. The guy tried like heck to get his manager to match the price. But in the end the guy even agreed that it would be crazy not to get it from them. No tax, no shipping, and not to mention much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks