What's new

Just bought Monster HTS-1000 power bar... (1 Viewer)

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
what a rip off.

:angry:

From Monster's website:

What a crock os 5h1t !!! :D

I can't see (or hear) a lick of difference. Maybe I should've bought Monster Cable THX-approved ear-wax remover instead. :b

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If you weren't experiencing any problems, why did you think buying this product would make things any better?

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
I'm experiencing slight shadowing on my TV (looks like EE, but only on the right side of every image). I thought this thing can eliminate the problem (a problem that never existed until I moved my entire system to this particular corner of the house). So I thought it's electricity related. I guess it's not. Or if it is, the unit doesn't do anything to rectify it.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
So how much did you pay for the powerbar? I picked mine up for $66US online shipped. Did you try running your v/sat tcable through powerbar before going into your tv? I noticed a cleaner more stable picture on my LCD after I hooked it up.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well, if it didn't exist before, then it's move related and not necessarily electricity related. Does this happen with all sources?

Fernand S

Auditioning
I got my powerbar too because of the surge protection features. If you have a good and recent electrical wiring (at least 7 or 6 years) chances are that you will not experience any changes. I experienced a change when I lived in a rented house that was builded on the 60s. When I installed the powerbar on there the image quality was better. By that time (about two years ago) I had the HTS 1000 with clean stage 1.0

Now I installed the HTS 1000 MKII with clean stage 2.0 on my brand new house and I experienced the same audio video performance that I had without the powerbar.

Just my .02

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit

This happen to ALL video sources, including cable TV, S-VHS, LD, OTA channels, and both DVD players played through that TV (and any other TV I brought in just to test out).

All video cables have been changed just in case and the same problem exists

Henry Wai

Grip
"I can't see (or hear) a lick of difference. Maybe I should've bought Monster Cable THX-approved ear-wax remover instead. "

lol.. Now that's funny . :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks