just bought another receiver.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mike_frontier, Dec 27, 2002.

1. mike_frontier

mike_frontier Supporting Actor

Well I could not resist and thought it was a great deal (I hope).
    But anyways I saw an harman/kardon AVR 125 this morning at my local CC for $220.00 and grabed it. Was that a good price for that receiver? I plan on either putting this one in my bedroom or should I replace my Onkyo TX-SR500 from the living room with the harman/kardon AVR 125 in the living room? I am running 5.1 at this time. Suggestions?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

Yes, that's a good deal for the 125 if everything is in working order, considering it sells list at $399.

Both units are each brands entry level receiver. I'd put the h/k wherever you listen to music, and put the onkyo in the other place. Just my opinion though.

3. mike_frontier

Nick, Thanks. I am still at work and just picked up the HK at lunch time, but once I get to the house I will play the HK at both places in my house (bedroom and living room) and see which I think is a better home to put the HK at.
    Thanks,
    Mike

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

5. mike_frontier

Wayne,
    Nope it was factory sealed unit. I think there is just an close out on them due to maybe being discontinued, U think?[​IMG]

6. TimTurtino

TimTurtino Stunt Coordinator

Well, where I work (mid-East Coast), they haven't yet been discontinued, and I haven't heard of anyone selling them that low.
    Our stock system does not yet think it's going out of program, and it's available in all the stores near me. And, more importantly, the whole HK line just change from the x20s to the x25s. I'd be surprised if another line was coming in this soon. Althouh it's possible for a product to be discontinued in one region and not in another.
    Are you _sure_ that box wasn't just a little bit open? [​IMG]
    Regardless, you got a great deal. Do they have more?
    Me

7. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer