What's new

Just bought an InFocus 4805 - Holy Smokes! (1 Viewer)

DanThomas

Agent
I just returned the Sony 60" LCD Rear Projection TV I bought about three weeks ago, and bought an InFocus 4805 projector. I hooked it up during the day, in a room with a too much ambient light. I projected it on a wall with mauve (pink) paint, and a lot of splotches and holes. I sat down for a few minutes and watched a little of the "Tin Cup" DVD.

Holy Smokes!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
It looks unbelievable!! And remember, this is after watching a new 60" Sony HDTV for 3 weeks. I can't wait until I get a screen for it, and some curtains.

Seriously, the people on this forum who have been raving about this projector weren't kidding. What an awesome picture!!

-Dan

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Hey Dan, enjoy your new PJ, man! It's always a pleasure to hear of the amazement of new PJ owners; I was surely no different, and the bloom ain't wearin' off. While I don't own a 4805, I do quite enjoy my lowly Sanyo Z1, paired with an LG 7832; wonderful combo. I suspect you'll be digging in anew to all your old, fave DVDs. It's always a real gas to behold the reactions of your unsuspecting guests. You'll see.
After you buy a screen (or go the DIY route), I think the best thing you can do is paint the walls, and the ceiling (if possible) a darker colour. Cost is minimal, effort is moderate (and one-time, only), benefit is tremendous.
Have a great time, and cheers.

DS.

DanThomas

Agent
I'm not sure the wife will go for the dark walls ;) However when we get a curtain for the doorway, it will be darn-near pitch black in the room, so I think it'll be OK. But you never know...

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I can't wait to start watching some of my favorites with a 100" picture!

-Dan

terence

Supporting Actor
Congrats Dan on your first pj and welcome to our side of the fence!

Since you have not bought a screen yet, add Carada to your short list.

DanThomas

Agent
The Carada screens might be a little outside my price range right now, but I suppose I could be convinced...

-Dan

terence

Supporting Actor
Dan,

Contact them and ask for the free screen samples, remeber to be fair to your eyes and samples. Put them on the wall one at a time, that way your eyes want be bias toward the white scree materials. Also if you are hand you can make a screen, check out the DYI section.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Carada is always the first choice that comes to mind because of the low prices and great service but check out Da-Lite's HCCV material. Projector Central says it's better than Carada screens and doesn't cost that much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks