What's new

Just bought an 80 hour Tivo, possibly defective? (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Hi all,
I just bought and hooked up a brand new Tivo Series 2 80 hour unit. I think it may be defective because I can't get any video or audio signal from the thing on several different outputs. I've tried composite, S-video and coax and nothing. My brother said that there should be a green light on the front illuminated but there's no such light on mine. Also, I noticed that while the hard drive is whirring, the fan in the back isn't moving at all. I'm thinking I got a bum unit. Anyone have any suggestions before I trek back to best buy tomorrow to swap it out? thanks for any info.
Dave

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Are you getting the various TiVo screens?

Have you been through guided setup?

Have you gone into the setup screen and selected the input you're using? Have you tried that for each input you've connected?

M.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'm getting no video signal at all from the Tivo, just blank screens as if nothing was connected to that input on the TV. I've tried the S-Video and Composite output on the Tivo and still nothing. I think the fact that the yellow light on the front isn't illuminated is a give away that it may be broken. Best Buy opens in a half hour so I'm gonna do some quick research and see if I can figure it out, otherwise i'm gonna swap it for another.
Edit-Swapped it for another at Best Buy and everything is fine with this one. The previous unit was definitely defective as I got the Welcome Screen right away with this one. Now if it would only finish importing quicker ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks