What's new

just bought a Tivo (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, I just bought my first Tivo tonight. A series 2 40 hour. I don't have it hooked up yet and don't plan on doing that until probably Monday afternoon.

Am I to expect having a hard time hooking this thing up between my Tv and Vcr using cable or should things go pretty smooth?

look foward to using this thing.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Just picked up a Series 2, 40 hr unit last weekend. Shouldn't have difficulty hooking it up. I have basic cable, so I don't need to use the IR remote hookup to switch channels. My biggest annoyance was that I wanted it set up for wireless access and there's no way to do that during the initial set up. You HAVE to use the modem connection the first time. Other than that, it's been great. I'm already looking to add another hard drive to increase capacity. :emoji_thumbsup:

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
unfortunately, I didn't have enough funds to buy the stuff needed to hook my Tivo up to my home network so it will have to use our phone line till I get some more funds and hook it up to our network.

The box is sitting at here staring at me. I so want to hook it up now but I can't until tommorow afternoon, it's driving me crazy.:)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Keith, don't let it stare you down like that...hook it up! :) Why wait a day to enjoy the conveniences?

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I actually ended up hooking it up last night. I'm suprised at how easy the setup was and after 1 minor problem which turned out to be my fault for not plugging the phone line in for the night, it seems to be running and working normally. I literally was able to rewind to the beginning of The Drew Carey Show when the end of it was almost here. What a very cool and practical piece of equipment, I can't wait to fully learn how to use it.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I set up my first remote programming tonight via the Net. Not only did I record a show I forgot tonight, I set up two shows for season passes as well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I know it sounds cultish, but TiVo will really change the way you watch TV.

I love the fact that now I am in control, rather than the whims of executives that decide when I want to watch a show.

I rarely watch live tv anymore. why bother? With football coming on now, I can watch a game about an hour into it, jump over commercials and half time, and end about the same time as the game ends. That way I am not surprised by someone telling me the final score, yet I still can use my time my way.

That, and the ability to have it record shows that I didn't even know were scheduled to be on! How great is that. Why waste time looking through a weekly guide, when you have a computer that will do that for you.

Yep, fast-forward/rewind, season passes and wishlists. Great, isn't it?

Enjoy your TiVO!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I've been gone on vacation for the past 2 weeks and boy did I miss my TiVo! I came home and found some great stuff that will be showing over the next week and set it to record it all, I also had my favorite shows I set it to record all ready to watch at my convenience. I'm very pleased with my TiVo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks