What's new

Just bought a RP82 for $125!! Woohoo!! :D (1 Viewer)

Frank_Ber

Agent
I went to The Wiz this morning and found a Panny RP82 (without cord, remote, and manual) for $125. I have been looking for this player since it is all the talk on this forum and all over the web. It's good that I didn't buy the CP72 ($200) @ CC. I went to RS to get the power cord then went home to play with it. WOW!! The PQ is really great and a big improvement from the free Magnavox DVD that came with my Sony 46 RPTV. Tried it with DVD-A and everything works with no probs. Now, my quest to find a cheap Sony SACD player begins. :)

Is the remote necessary? I configured the RP82 using both my Onkyo and Sony Remotes. Why both remotes? I can access DVD Setup Menu on the Sony remote while the Onkyo can't. However, the Onkyo remote can access the DVD OSD menu. Also with the Sony remote, I can't navigate in the DVD Setup menu because the up/down/left/right keys don't work but the enter key works. LOL!. The Onkyo remote works fine in the DVD Setup menu but it doesn't have the key to enter the DVD Setup menu.

Does anyone know how to put the RP82 in Audio Only mode without the remote? I will order the remote today since it is only cost $11.24. Is the remote also available from Pany service locations or locally?

What is the difference between the RP82 and XP50?

PS. To those looking for the XP50, there is one left at The Wiz (Carle Place, LI) for $220. It is where I bought my RP82.

Elias

Stunt Coordinator
Frank,

I was just at the Carle Place store two weekends ago. Such a shame the Wiz is closing after a great remodeling job over there... I was tempted to buy the Denon 1600 for $359, but I had just bought an RP-82 in Aruba. Good luck with your new player!

Elias

Frank_Ber

Agent
It is really sad that they are all closing. The Wiz at Carle Place really stands out over the rest of the others with its look, size and display. They really did a great remodeling job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks