Just bought a PCi-20-39!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by MichaelPR, Dec 25, 2003.

1. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

Just bought myself a new Christmas present I just picked up the PCi 20-39. After hearing all the great reviews on this thread I just decided to pull the trigger after receiving half of the money for it today! I'm really excited. I was wondering if anyone here was runing this with the Paradigm Titans and how it sounds. Also I tend to listen at moderate levels as I have a basement apartment(the landlords are my grandparents and they cant hear a thing, but the girlfriend makes me keep it low) it won't be too overpowering will it? And the most important question will my girlfriend kill me for spending $600 on a speaker on my meager teacher's salary? Anyone have any horror stories about their spouses murdering them after the sight of this thing in their TV room? Happy Holidays all
    [​IMG]

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

It's not as big as it looks once you get used to it. The box sure makes it look ridiculously big when you first get it though. I run mine with digm mini-monitors, sounds great, especially with movies.

3. AxelKro

AxelKro Stunt Coordinator

Hi Mike,

I have two PB1+ on order. I went away from the cylinder design to avoid any slaughtery... [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Axel

4. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

That 20-39 will definitely change your system and you won't be able to turn it loose after you watch a few movies.......

Although your Grandparents may not hear it, they still may "feel" it......LOL

Don't worry, a good sub is one of the best improvments you can make to a HT system and it's gonna sound great with anything.......

5. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

Also does anyone know how long it will take to get to NY? And I currently have Bose 201 Direct Reflectors for rears(they were a gift) they dont provide much bass and soud extremely tinny. Could I hook up my old Sony SAW-MA 20 to them?