Just bought a pair of Infinity Beta 50's - looking for a matching receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jay_Kr, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Jay_Kr

Jay_Kr Auditioning

Anyone have an opinion on how powerful a receiver I need to have to take full advantage of these new speakers I just bought? Any particular brands that tend to work better with Infinity than others? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

I intend on assembling a complete Infinity Beta series home theater package, and it will be used primarily for home theater.

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Jay,

I have the following speakers across the front: Pair of Beta 20s, Beta C360 center channel.

I'm powering them with a Panasonic XR55 receiver. The dual amp feature is great for 2-channel music listening. The C360 an oustanding center channel speaker. I've always found myself struggling with volume levels to clearly hear dialogue with my previous center channel speakers. With the C360, I find that I don't fumble with the volume levels.

The Panasonic is a very capable receiver with the Infinity Beta speakers. The Panasonic puts out a good amount of power and the Betas are fairly efficient speakers. However, I did have to set the treble to -3 on my receiver to tone the treble a bit, but now the sound is more neutral and satisfying.