What's new

Just bought a JVC 32" LCD TV - LT32X585 for $1200 from a friend!! (1 Viewer)

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
You know, I think a divorce is a horrible thing to go through. That said, if you know someone who is getting a divorce you can get a heck of a deal on stuff. Furthermore, if that friend is a "Techno-gadget-whore", then you can really score some amazing things on the cheap!

His wife is actually a great person, divorcing her is a big mistake. As soon as I finish paying him and install the TV in my bedroom and lock my doors, I'll suggest that he try and fix things between them. I might even suggest that he spend less time watching TV and more time with her.

I know, as a friend I suck sometimes. But then again, as a friend I have the right to be a crappy friend sometimes...especially when it comes to Technology! heehee!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Way back in the early '90s, I got hooked up with a guy going through a divorce. I went over his place to simply buy a Nakamichi cassette deck (CR-7A, one of the best ever built, still have it!) He gave me 50% off of list on everything, and I ended up buying a preamp, power amp, and CD player from him (all Nakamichi. The power amp was a Threshold Stasis class design a la Nelson Pass). Unfortunately :), that deal got me started on the road to "better" and more expensive toys. :D

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
I say we all raise our beer glasses and toast the 43% of 1st time married couples that will get divorced this year! May they all purchase GOBS of HT and audio equipment!!

And another toast to the lawyers, who's fees are so extraordinary, that these couples need to have firesales and sell their equipment to cheap!

And one more toast, just for the hell of it cause this beer is so damn tasty!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks