What's new

Just bought a jetski! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Well, a couple weeks ago.

I recently moved to Georgia, the northern Atlanta burbs. We are 3 miles from Lake Lanier. After a few trips to the lake, I couldnt resist and bought a Sea-Doo RXP to tide me over till I save up enough for a ski boat.

I have about 20 hours on it, and its a total blast to ride. The weekends on the lake are pretty busy, but weekday afternoons its usually dead, and there are tons of coves with glass-smooth water to cruise around on. On smooth water, I have hit 70 MPH.

We have also tried skiing and tubing behind it, works pretty well.

Last weekend we took it up to a golf-course that is on the lake. anchored it offshore and went snorkelling for golfballs. We found over 100 in an hour. Fun stuff!

Its a relatively cheap way to get out on the water, and I am very glad we decided to get one...

Any jet-skiiers on the forum?

Jeff

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
congrats! I've been on one once out in the Gulf of Mexico and it was a lot of fun. One day when I *hopefully* have some money and live closer to the water I'd like to get one.

OT, but your profile says you live in Concord, MA that's a pretty big change from GA.:D

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Jeff, I grew up living across the street from Lake Lanier and I bought a Kawasaki jet ski when I was in high school. It was fun as hell but, be sure to be respectful of the boaters. Most of them hate jet skis.

BTW, do you live on the Hall or Forsyth side of the lake?

Don't worry. There are more than enough Yankees that live in the area for him to feel comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread