Just bought a JBL PB12 and Im worried.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Chase, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Chase

Chase Agent

After reading much about this subwoofer and it dying all the time for people I am afraid this will happen to me. I am going to Nashville wed to pick up the sub which I got for 46 bucks online. [​IMG]

I just want to minimize the chance's of me hearing the machine gun sounds at 4 in the morning and ahving to look for another sub or ship it back to JBL. I am thinking that if I leave it unpluged when I am not watching movies so that it will have a longer life.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I should do?

2. Aaron Howell

Aaron Howell Stunt Coordinator

I've read about all sorts of issues with the PB series. I had a PB10 hooked up for 3 years straight, and it never let me down.

Worse case scenario, buy a PE or MCM plate amp when they are on sale.

3. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

why are you making problems before they even happen?

my god, you don't even have the sub, yet!

[​IMG]

and at $46.........................

4. John S

John S Producer

All I can say is be kind to this sub and it will be kind to you. I run my sub hot as heck, and the JBL 12"'rs just can't handle it for the long term is all.

5. Chase

Chase Agent

when it makes that noise that people have been talking about, is that the amp or the fuse going out? If i do have to get antoher amp, how hard are they to install?

Also would it be worth getting some kind of board to put under this sub since it is downfiring and is siting on carpet?