What's new

Just bought a HK AVR520 from J and R, was it a poor choice? (1 Viewer)

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm referring to the LFE problem I've read about. I plan on building the adire 3 way tower(kit 281 with a 5 1/4" mid added) when it comes out, with their LCC for the center channel. With this setup I should be able to set my mains to large and not have the LFE -10db problem, correct? Or should I just cancel the order?

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno what the LFE issue is ppl talk about. I watched minority report tonight with DTS, no LFE problems, except for a few pictures on the floor :)
BTw, I have an AVR320

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Yes Rick, please reveal your settings/setup. And as an experiment, dedicate your sub to LFE (leaving it at the present 'sub' calibrated level) and see what happens. I believe you'll have to set your main speakers to large to have this option. Heck, you can even further experiment to see the difference in bass between a dedicated LFE sub and an LFE/low-pass bass sub. You don't even need your mains hooked up for this test, in case you're worried about damaging them.

You can even be a real champ and run this test in both DD and dts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks