What's new

just bought a energy 5.2 with denon avr1804 (1 Viewer)

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
just bought the energy 5.2's with the denon avr1804 at a sale from good guys for $600 for both. however i am confoosed if the speakers are big enough to provide enough sound to fill my 250sq ft room. the other choice was the encore system for $750 (including subwoofer). i haven't hooked up the system yet. also i have another problem. i do not know how to wall mount the center channel since no brackets are provided. are there any brackets i can buy to mount the center channel? plz help me with the center channel and also tell me if i should upgrade to the encore system or if the take 5.2 will be enough. also tell me if the dayton 10" subwoofer will be good with the system

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would hook everything up and see how you like it before you think about upgrading. There are alot of people who are very happy with the 5.2 and $600 for those and the 1804 is a very good deal. The dayton 10" sub would match up very well. If you wanted to spend a bit more on the sub I'd look at the HSU STF-2. Also, 250sq ft isn't huge (about 12 x 12 right?) and those speakers, sup, and receiver should fill the room with very good sound without problem.

You also may want to see if good guys has a 1 year trade up system (or something similar) where if you trade up any time within a year you get the full original price out of your old gear.

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, closer to 16x16, which I think it a bit large for the smaller Energy speakers (I once had the Energy 5.1, so I know what I'm talking about). You may be pleased with the sound, but your mouth will drop open if/when you replace them with larger speakers!

- Bill

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
any suggestions on hanging teh center channeL? and also do you guys have any opinion about getting a $100 dvd player to go with it.

Shawn N

Agent
Would love to hear how you end up. I have an 18' x 22' room and was considering the same set up. Good price.

Anybody have other recomendations for decent speakers to complement the Denon 1804. At $249 it seems to good to pass up sense I'm in the market.

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
im not done with my wiring yet so i will let you guys know how it sounds. yea i think denon 1804 for $249 and take 5.2 for $299 is a good deal from goodguys. any suggestions on a dvd player?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Denon 900 or 910 refurb from ecost. That'll come in at that price really nicely and match to boot.

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I have the takes and had the same problem with the center channel. No way to wall mount it. I had to buy some shelves to place the front 3 speakers on. My tv is reccessed into the wall so the shelves looked good. If you do go with shelves be careful. The speakers weigh enought that they could fall off a weaker shelve.

kuttaS

Stunt Coordinator
im kinda cheap so i even ordered the wiring and cables online so i will let you guys know how whole system sounds when the wiring/cable, subwoofer, and dvd player arrive

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
Well you can get shelves just about anywhere. I'm sure even Home Depot or Lowes have some basic shelving.

The hard part is finding shelves that have bracketless supports. I think Ikea has a good selection though, and they are known for having low price, good quality product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks