Just bought a Denon AVR-3806.....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike-Gr, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Mike-Gr

Mike-Gr Extra

it may be a little overkill for my setup, but I think I made the right decision, plus I got a pretty good price from a local authorized reseller. Still have to buy a few more components... HDTV, DVD Player before I setup the Denon.

This receiver will be located in the living room and will power a 5.1 speaker system.... Zone 2 of the receiver will power outdoor speakers by the pool.

HDMI switching of the receiver wasn't that big of a concern for me, although nice to have. I will probably only have two components that I would even run through the HDMI inputs of the receiver anyway... Comcast HD DVR and a DVD player.

Technology moves so fast now days that no matter what you buy today... it will be outdated in a few months anyway.

There are pros and cons about every receiver out there, but I'm happy with my purchase.

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

congradulations.g

3. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Nice reciever! My daughter still enjoys my old Denon 1801 that I bought in '99. She has it up in her bedroom. Outdated, yeah, but it still works great and sounds good.

4. Phil_O

Phil_O Stunt Coordinator

I'm sure you'll love it. My "oldskool" 3805 is still serving me well after 2 years or so.

5. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Second Unit

Good choice! I picked up the 3805 last month and still grinning every time I fire it up [​IMG]

6. Nick:G

Nick:G Stunt Coordinator

Trust me, if you're not going to use the HDMI switching now, you'll definitely make use of it later once just about ALL HD material will be protected with HDCP.

The AVR-3806 is a very good receiver and if you got it for under $900, you did something right. I blew out the majority of my remaining AVR-3806's at $899.00 retail and that's a great bang for the buck considering the AVR-2807 retails for $1,100.00. No iPod link, but who cares? It's got all the features that really count.

Happy listening!