What's new

Just a reminder: AT&T are liars, clowns, and untrustworthy (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Those of you with data plan accounts might want to call AT&T about
free upgrades they are offering.

I just upgraded my 4GB plan to 6GB at no charge. I use it for tethering.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ronald Epstein said:
Those of you with data plan accounts might want to call AT&T aboutfree upgrades they are offering.I just upgraded my 4GB plan to 6GB at no charge. I use it for tethering.
Probably in response to VZW dropping their cost on data 45%. I now have 40g per month for just barely more than 20g cost.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, exactly, Sam.

Verizon started it. AT&T followed.

For ONCE the phone companies are giving customers more for their money.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I got in on the 20GB data for the price of 10 deal a week or so ago before they abrutly ended it a few days later.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Alf,

That's fantastic. I take it you got to keep the deal even though they cancelled it?

Do you tether or is that a family sharing plan? That's a lot of damn data.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What do people ask for to get these bonus upgrades? There's nothing on their website about this. We just changed to a 2GB family plan (from individual 300MB plans). Another 1+GB free would be nice. But I don't understand what I'm asking for ... what am I ordering from the secret menu? Do I have to pretend I'm canceling and hope AT&T doesn't call my bluff?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Here's the news story (one of many)

I was not certain if my plan was eligible.

I simply called AT&T and said that there were offers for free data upgrades.

The rep knew nothing about it, but looked up the prices and said that the 6GB plan
was the same price as the 4GB plan I was on.

So I was upgraded.

All you need to do, Dave, is call and ask if your plan is eligible for the free upgrade.

It may or may not be. Please let us know how it works out.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Lot's of people praising T-Mo for this.I'm not sure who price dropped first. I updated my plan on VZW around the 15th, effective on 11/11(when the bill cyle changes).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ok thanks! I had missed that press release. My plan is listed so I'll try to give a call and get bumped to 3GB. I'll let you know if it works.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave, still anxiously awaiting to hear if you got a free upgrade or not.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm on att at 10 g and was told yesterday that we are already on a promo from the. 6gb plan for $100

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the classic double bind. I am on a grandfathered unlimited plan and routinely use 2GB or less. Being unlimited, I cannot use my device as a tether to my laptop. However if I leave the unlimited plan to go to a data capped plan, my usage would obviously increase, probably greatly, because of tethering. I currently play $75 for unlimited + my call plan. 6GB is $100. I can easily see myself getting to that level or higher with tethering. Ugh, guess I'll stay with unlimited just to avoid the hassle...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ronald Epstein said:
Dave, still anxiously awaiting to hear if you got a free upgrade or not.
I haven't had time to check into it. I'm traveling this week so may not get to it until this weekend. But I'm definitely interested.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not only did we get it, but it's a standard option in the AT&T app. Upgraded via the app. Easy peasy!I've been on a 200MB plan from 2010 (I think) until about a month ago. I had to upgrade to 300MB, since travel and ios7 features pushed me over the edge too many months. Then my wife found we were outdated, and the base plan was 2GB for $10/mo *less* than we paid for 300 MB. (Also gave us unlimited text; we'd been on per-text plan for a while). And just after upgrading to to 2 GB, you alerted me to the even newer bump. So I'm at 7.5x the data I had two months ago, and I'm paying less every month. That's pretty great. And it gets better: these plans include Personal Hotspot. I can tether my wifi iPad as needed for no additional cost. That will be useful, and practical with the 3GB plan.Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks