Just a question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joshua L, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Joshua L

Joshua L Agent

What would be the consensus on perhaps separating the Display devices forum into separate categories. Like one for CRT Projectors, one for Digital Projectors, RPTVs and so on.

Not trying to break up the community at all, the idea just popped into my head. I think it would just be nice to have some more specific forums in that respect.

What do you think? Is this possible admins?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

We actually have a separate fourm for feedback and suggestions. I'll move your post over there.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Josh,

We sort of had this a few years ago, and the problem was that none of the individual persuits had enough interest to warrant a dedicated forum. Instead of one strong Display area with plenty of people helping out (which we have now), we had splintered groups each with low traffic and low post counts.

We try to keep "splitting" of forums to a minimum. If a forum reaches the point where you get 3 pages of new posts per day- then we look into breaking that area up... but with the diaply area only averaging about 28 active topics in a given 24 hour period- breaking that up into 3-5 sub headings would result in areas with 3-4 active heading per day, complicating navigation and reducing the number of people who are available to help (if your a regular, do you really want to have to search through 5 forums with 3 posts in each?).

So- if in the future the Display area seems to have enough posts that it warrants being split- rest assured it will happen. However- we simply can't justify splitting up slower groups just so people can isolate a small aspect of the topic.

-Vince

4. Joshua L

Joshua L Agent

Fair enough [​IMG]