What's new

Just a question: howmuch server load is caused by after hours? Other forums? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm curious as to the breakdown of traffic between the forums, and was wondering if it came down to it, whether closing non HT forums like After Hours would make a substantial difference. I'm not suggesting this be done, as I like AH, but if it was a choice between accessing HTF at all and not having After Hours, my choice would be made.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
After Hours has the third highest post count, beaten only by HT Hardware and Software. If it's getting that many posts then the views count is probably going to be similarly high, though I'd imagine the two main areas have a higher proportion of views to counts. Packy can give you the stats, but you can probably draw your own conclusions on the effect closing that area would have.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,
I can't comment on the numbers- but I can say that if AH was closed, I think the visitors would simply be reading other areas. I don't think closing one area would reduce overall traffic, and the overall traffic numbers are the issue with these slowdowns!
I think the key is going to be the new server. The donations are already in place (and honestly in excess of what was needed)- so we'll hopefully have a smokin' new server right after the LA trip and all the worries will be forgotten (until we get another 20,000 memebers signing up, which at this rate will probaby be by Christmas!
wink.gif
)
There is a light at the end of this tunnel, I swear!
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks