What's new

Just a pipe dream, but..... (theater questions) (1 Viewer)

Mike Clark

Auditioning
Ok, I'm sure it'll never happen unless I win the lottery, but I can dream! :D

I was trying to find out information regarding opening a theater on the web, but have been having no luck. Anyone able to point me to a site(s) that have info on the following?

A) Construction/Equipment costs
B) How to go about (and how much does it cost) getting films to show (both first run and also indy and older stuff)
C) Any sites about "exclusive" theaters - IE, charge more but have better quality picture, sound, seating, etc.

I honestly don't see myself ever having the money for this type of thig, but I thought it'd be interesting to look at a bit. Might make the daydreams a little more realistic anyway :b

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Back home in Portland, Maine!!!
Not that I have any useful information, but has any place (theater or otherwise) moved into Keystone's old digs yet? I gather they sold their equipment when they went out of business, but it's a great location.

RussR

Stunt Coordinator
You'll have to do some digging on the site. Somewhere in the Film-Tech forums you'll find links to info on this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks