What's new

just 2 questions (1 Viewer)

erx_lo_es

Grip
Real Name
eric
hi guys, i just have two questions. 1st whats better plasma or LCD and why? 2nd my girlfriends parents got dish and the installer told them that if they were to get a flat screen TV that they would have to get a different tuner box for the dish to work with the new TV. is this true? thanks for the help in advance.

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
I am a fan of plasma. I own both a 46 lcd and 42 plasma. The blacks on a plasma are way better so this makes the whole picture better. I got the sony kdl 46 w3000 lcd for a steel thats why i have it now. the plasma that i got is the lg 42pc5d a 720 and the colour kicks the crap out of my sony. For the mony panasonic has the best 1080p plasma. It uses the anti glair, very good blacks and gives a very sharp picture, also plasma has a longer life span then lcd.
I have seen the new lcd with led back lighting. These newer sets still can not match the colour and response time of lcd. And 120 hz does'nt mean a thing, If a movie on blu ray is shot at 24fps, you are killing the picture. cause it takes that 24fps and bumps it to 120 showing something thats not there. plus it was shot that way for a reason to show all the detail. Yes 120 hz is good for standard def and hd from sat or cable but plasma can do 480hz and less then 2ms. Go plasma you will not be disappointed

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
to your 2nd question. no there sat box will work with a new flat panel tv , they just wont get hd with it. If the get a hd tv and they want to get hd channels then yes they will need a hd box. what ever way they go they will still be able to watch tv.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
There is a difference between “not working” and “not optimal”. I’m not aware of any flat screen (LCD, plasma, rear projection or CRT) that are not able to accept a variety of video inputs, including RCA composite and S-video, one of which would most surely be available as an output from even the most elementary satellite receiver.

If the point is to be able to get HD, well one needs an HD satellite receiver in any case. But this has nothing to do with the ability to connect a satellite receiver to a TV—flat panel or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WavyJawn
Recent bookmarks