What's new

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22, 2018) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This trailer is much better than the previous one. Though I'm not sure why every evil dinosaur has to be named Indo- something.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I liked the first trailer. Looked like a big check your brain at the door popcorn action movie.

This new trailer makes it look like its going to be half an action movie followed by another king Kong ripoff of a big creature brought to the masses only to break loose and wreak havoc. This time in London apparently. The raptor on the roof in particular looks like its trying to mimic the old universal monster films.

Ill probably still go see it, but my expectations have just been lowered.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
New exclusive IMAX poster:

$

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Since that date is so far out, I believe those are just placeholder entries for the film. I guarantee that they'll be, um, "IMAXing" out the screening slots for this one when it actually opens.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It appears that IMAX theaters are being given the option to decide at the local level whether they will be screening in 2D, 3D or a combination of the two.

There are four NYC IMAX locations. It appears that one will show exclusively in 2D, another exclusively in 3D, and that the other two will each have alternating showtimes in both formats. While 3D is my preference, I think that’s a very reasonable compromise.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Since that date is so far out, I believe those are just placeholder entries for the film. I guarantee that they'll be, um, "IMAXing" out the screening slots for this one when it actually opens.

Actually, I misread my own post!! Projecting those showtimes into the weekend and week following opening day, it does indeed appear that my local IMAX is only doing ONE 3D showing per day. Disappointing to say the least.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It appears that IMAX theaters are being given the option to decide at the local level whether they will be screening in 2D, 3D or a combination of the two.

There are four NYC IMAX locations. It appears that one will show exclusively in 2D, another exclusively in 3D, and that the other two will each have alternating showtimes in both formats. While 3D is my preference, I think that’s a very reasonable compromise.
There’ll be no multi-theater imax compromise in Little Rock as we have only one.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have 2 possibilities. to see it in 4DX today or wait few days to see it in Dolby Cinema. I have seen neither of these 2 formats yet. Which one do you recommend?

I see no information on the theater site. Is Dolby Cinema always 2D or it could be 3D?

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
After a delay of 2 days I finally saw this. I saw it in a Dolby Theater. It was my first.

The presentation was absolutely amazing. It felt like it's the first time I'm going to a theater. It was in 3D.

The solution for 3D is not high frame rate as James Cameron wants, it is High Dynamic Range. It never occurred to me. It did not look like other 3D movies where you can see there are 2 images projected and unsuccessfully combined. This is the best compliment I can give, it looked like one 2D image but with depth. Everything looked crisp and clear.

So that was the biggest surprise to me. How the 3D was so successful in HDR. I had already seen HDR at home but only 2D.

The theater is a little far but I'm going to Dolby Theaters from now on.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No, you can see 2 images without glasses.

What I mean is that with normal 3D movies, even with glasses you can guess it's 2 images. It's kind of fuzzy and not 100% aligned. (The impression you get, even if it is)

In Dolby Theater, the image (with 3D glasses) looked 100% aligned, it looked prefect and as sharp as a 2D image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks