What's new

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22, 2018) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The trailer is not selling it well. If you want to save the animals of an island, it must be difficult, you wouldn't send few people. The idea is exciting enough but I'm not sure they executed it. Looks like people running away from dinosaurs again.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Yeah, and reusing Malcolm's lines from the first one. One scene reminded me of the Gallimimus scene from the first one as well. So my impression is an almost total lack of new ideas, but pretty cool looking dinos. Not enough for me, more demo material than an actual, good movie.
But, we'll see, trailers have been giving me wrong impressions before ...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I thought the trailer was way over the top. Just too much going on, too many dinosaurs, and action sequences that stretched credulity in a bad way.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like people running away from dinosaurs again.
This time they're running from dinosaurs AND hot rocks/lava. ;)

The trailer did nothing for me, either. I'm hopeful there's a story here beyond scenes of people and dinosaurs running around, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

And I may be the only one, but bringing back Jeff Goldblum doesn't excite me either.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
After reading JP: Lost World in 2 days upon release and knowing they were already making the movie I was sooo excited. Only to find that other than the scene with the two trexes and the trailer, nothing else was in the movie. One of my biggest moviegoing letdowns ever.

This new trailer seems like it borrowed quite a bit from the Lost World novel. (As did the first Jurassic World with the giant camouflaged dinosaur; and also the spheres).

I didn't like JP 2 or 3, but I did like the first JW. Pratt was good in it, and there was enough action and excitement presented at a quick enough pace to overcome any minor plot holes or lapses in logic. And JW2 looks like more of the same.

And I too am not particularly excited about Goldblums return in and of itself. Unless my hunch about the Lost World being inspiration here is correct.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Wow! Haters gotta hate! I have loved all the Jurassic Park films. I just want more Dinosaurs, more chase scenes and who cares if there even is a plot!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So it would apprear they're using "The Lost World" as the template for this which was the worst movie in the series (even Jurassic World had a bit of a novel concept in a fully operating park). Guess they're throwing in the "do genetically engineered animals have rights" theme.

But anyway we have to save these animals even though we created them, they're 100s of million of years removed from our era, we know nothing about them, every effort to contain them fails and they eat everyone, because a few of the species are so majestic.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wow! Haters gotta hate! I have loved all the Jurassic Park films. I just want more Dinosaurs, more chase scenes and who cares if there even is a plot!

Dude, lighten up. Calling people who are making critical comments about the trailer "haters" is as over the top as the trailer itself. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks