Jurassic Park...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JJR512, Oct 11, 2001.

1. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

I just paid $100 at Best Buy for the Jurassic Park and The Lost World Deluxe Edition box set, which is a big box with a dinosaur-shaped flap that opens up, photos, senitypes, sound tracks, etc.
    I forgot to realize at the time that there was a third JP movie. Now I've searched here and seen that there is indeed some kind of new box set coming out with all three movies, and undisclosed bonus materials.
    So far, I haven't taken the shrink wrap off the box yet. I can still return it. But I'd like to know if I should. I haven't seen the 3rd movie, but have heard that I haven't missed much. Without knowing what the bonus materials will be, how can I decide if I should keep the set I have now, get the 3rd movie by itself, and maybe get the 4th bonus disc, which I understand you'll be able to buy separately by special order, or if I should return it and get wait for the trilogy set?
    How long has the set that I have now been out, and how much longer will it still be available?
    ------------------
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
    [​IMG]
    Join our Genome@home Team! (Click here for more info.)
    Contact me: webmaster@jjr512.com | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

The set you own now has been out pretty much bang on a year, it will probably go out of production once the 4 disc version arrives at the end of the year.
    I say do this. Weigh up the costs of what you just paid for the special boxed set pack and add to that the cost of buying JP3 seperate and paying the $6 or whatever for the special offer in obtaining the 4th disc of supplements in comparison for the complete price of the 4 disc set. After that, ask yourself how much you want the little bits inside the boxed release which you currently own.
    Personaly, whilst flawed, I liked JP3. For the most part, I felt it was better then Lost World, but still lacking in that element of genius Spielberg has for forshadowing suspense.
    Dan (UK)
    [Edited last by Dan Brecher on October 11, 2001 at 07:54 PM]

3. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

It would be a lot easier to decide if I knew what the extras in the trilogy set were going to be. Is that info still not released yet? Any idea on when it might become known?

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Would it be possible to buy the boxset at a place you could return it to and get all your money back. Then you could compare and see whether or not you want to still hold onto the old boxset or return it for your money. Then you could also return the new boxset and repurchase it from someplace that offers you the best price.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1[​IMG]
    ------------------
    My Favourite Movie

5. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

I did buy the boxset from somewhere where I can return it (Best Buy). The problem is that the newer box set won't be released until December, and I only have, I think, 30 days to return the box set I have now.
    ------------------
    -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
    [​IMG]
    Join our Genome@home Team! (Click here for more info.)
    Contact me: webmaster@jjr512.com | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

6. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I say keep it. I too own the box set and will prolly buy the other box set for the fourth disc. Hopefully, the new box set will have a DTS release. I also say keep it because it is going to be a rare beautiful deluxe set and one can never have enough JP. Did I mention you should keep it?
    If your really interested in JP stuff, check out my Home Theater site. I've included a pic of Dr. Robert Bakker and myself just after he signed his book, "The Dinosaur Heresies" for me. Remember this was one of the books to inspire Michael Crichton to write JP and he was a technical advisor to the film. I saw a lecture of his shortly after this signing. Sorry for the shameless self-plug, but I do love JP.
    ------------------
    "I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
    My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
    My List O' DVDs:
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=meshuga