Jurassic Park III bonus disc offer question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Stout, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Hello all,

Both my dad and I sent away for the bonus disc and collectible case offer for $6.95 that was inside the Jurassic Park III DVD. Today he received a check for for $6.95 and a letter from the fulfillment company stating that that only one disc and case per household, person or address. Considering that we are currently at the same address, I assume that my check got to them first.

I just looked over my photocopy of the coupons that I filled out for that offer and it says nowhere in the fine print anything about being limited to one per address, person or household. It doesn't say anything about that on the free DVD offer coupon either. So far neither of us have received anything back about that offer (fingers crossed).

Anyhow... my question is, do you guys think that a call in to Universal customer service would get any results as far as obtaining another bonus disc and case? We both bought our own copies of Jurassic Park III (as well as both of the first two JP DVDs when they came out) so it's not like we are trying to swindle anyone.

The number on the coupon is 800-698-8705. Is that Universal customer service?

Thank you.

2. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

Another choise is, "Are you really good friends with any of your neighbors...."

3. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Well, yeah but... the fulfillment company kept the coupon. That thought had actually occurred to me though.

4. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

I'd call. You could argue that the coupon did not state this specific. You can also prove that you bought two copies since you sent in reciepts. You could probably throw in some BS as to why you had this package sent to your parents house (other than that you live there) and would have made other arrangements had you known previously.

Worth a shot anyway.

-paul

5. SeanMc

SeanMc Agent

I work in a customer service oriented field and if a customer raises enough stink in a polite manner I end up giving them what they want mainly so they shut up and proceed on their way.By all means call Universal but be polite about it..politeness goes farther than rudeness

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I agree, call them. You followed their rules and deserve your bonus disc. Their main concern for these "limit one per household" rules has to do with people who intend to sell off the extras for profit. If you can be reasonably convincing that you aren't such a person by your demeanor, then they ought to comply and send it to you.

7. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Thanks guys... I'll give them a call today. I did read over the fine print once again on both offers in the JP III DVD and the free disc offer does say limit one per household, person, or address. The bonus disc and collectible case says nothing about any limits.

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

If they try to give you any crap and don't give it to you, then just get a friend or neighbor to do it, and pick up a certificate from Blockbuster. Why should you and your father get the shaft on this deal just because you share the same address?

9. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I called Universal customer service about an hour ago. After explaining the situation and being put on hold for about 5 minutes (or longer), I received a response... well, sort of.

The woman I spoke to said that she didn't have the authority to do anything but she said she'd forward my inquirey to her manager. She went on to say that my dad should be hearing back from them in the next 2-3 days.

Please make this one right Universal! We're not trying to rip you guys off.

Alright... I guess I'll go back to crossing my fingers.

LukeB... Blockbuster has the coupons for the case available? Maybe I should stop in there on my way home from work then.

10. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

Yeah...Here's what you do:

Go over to the rental shelf, open one of the Jurassic Park 3 cases, remove coupon, replace case.

And you now have a new coupon!

11. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Hmmm... now that's an idea.

12. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I wouldn't worry about this too much, I've seen the list of free DVDs, nothing exciting. I probably wouldn't take most of those even if they were free, but that's just me.

13. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Bill,

I believe Todd is referring to the "Beyond Jurassic Park" disc and slipcase offer and not the freebie DVD with purchase. AFAIK, nobody has received their selection from the crappy list of free ones from Universal.

14. Bill J

Bill J Producer

You must be right then Luke, I don't own JP3 so I guess I wouldn't know. I just remember seeing a thred about some free DVD of your choice from Universal when you get JP3.

15. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Yeah... I'm talking about the Beyond Jurassic Park DVD with the collectible case offer.

16. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Todd, you should have no problems getting the form from Blockbuster, and it's really simple, so definitely make sure you do that before it's too late!

17. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

I have another problem. My Jurassic Park 3 that I bought from cdnow.com came with a canadian offer. It seems they send me a Canadian DVD and it says it is only valid for people in Canada. What shall I do? Should I return the DVD to cdnow? or is it possible to do something else? I would like to get the extra Jurassik Park disc.

Ron Birk

18. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

rbirk, an American Blockbuster should solve your problem. I can't think of any other way to get the American form w/o a hassle and a wait.

19. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

Luke, so you are saying I can just go to Blockbuster and get the form there? Do they have them openly available or should I ask someone for it?

Ron