What's new

Jurassic Park Free DVD offer came today (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I sent mine in Dec 14th and still nothing. Im getting pissed!! :angry:
And I ordered Dragonheart; Bowfinger as my second choice.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
My bank statement says that both of the checks (for the JP disk and the other free disk) cleared on 2/8 but I still haven't received either disk.

I called the number today and was told that they were both "ready to go out". He said I should have them within a couple of weeks or so.

I mailed the stuff in on 12/27.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Received my free copy of "The Jackal" last week and it looks to be in ok shape. The check for the 4th JP DVD and box was cashed about a month ago, but no DVD/box in the mail yet. I hope it gets here soon and is in good condition.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
great i think i filled mine out with the address on the best buy receipt.. im gonna get screwed outta this. :angry: for those who had theirs returned, are they allowing you to refil the order?

DennisRS

Auditioning
I received my copy of Dragonheart 2/20/02 and my case was burned by the UPC area, obviously on purpose. This is probably to prevent returns to B&M's or some other resale opportunity.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
i think i filled mine out with the address on the best buy receipt.. im gonna get screwed outta this.
Not as long as you followed the instructions on the Best Buy receipt. It had a different PO Box, but it was still a valid one. The Best Buy forms are just being handled separately. You should still get your disc. I got mine.

Regards,

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Got my free Dragonheart yesterday and it too was scored across the UPC. As folks have said, this must be their mark that their for promotional use only. But WHY did they have to damage the packaging!!?? A simple sticker would have been fine. :angry:
N

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Get this:

Two days ago I received Universal's $10 rebate for purchasing The Fast and the Furious with another DVD (I got Mercury Rising). I sent the JP offers in the Wednesday after release way back in December, and I haven't received either of those yet. TFATF deal was sent in nearly a month later and I already got that rebate. My checks for JP were cashed over a month ago. What gives?

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
My October Sky arrived today in mint condition except just a small round hole punch in the middle of the UPC code. I used the Best Buy coupon and did NOT include a check for the shipping since it was not specified.

Dan M~

Second Unit
My October Sky arrived today in mint condition except just a small round hole punch in the middle of the UPC code. I used the Best Buy coupon and did NOT include a check for the shipping since it was not specified.
Ditto, except my Otober Sky was unscathed!!! UPC was clean and was read by CuCat!! Box in excellent/new shape. Sorry to hear that some of you are getting mucked-up copies. I would complain and see what happens.

-Dan M~

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The number is 800-698-8705
Just called it and spoke to "Kelly". I mentioned that my check was cashed three weeks ago; she said that the free item is ready-to-ship and ought to go out within the next week.
Sound familiar? :)
I am really believing that they are holding these and not worrying about them until they get around to them, but that anyone who calls in will get prioritized. So those of you who haven't...call. It can't hurt, right?
I also mentioned that I was aware that many people were getting their free items in a damaged condition. She said, and I quote, "If anything arrives damaged then you should give us a call and we will get it replaced".
I hope this helps y'all!

George Cifrancis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Just got my free "October Sky" DVD here in Columbus Ohio today. It wasn't shrink wrapped and had a hole where the UPC bar code is. Other than that it seemed fine. I am still waiting on the Jurassic Park disk and box.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Received my free dvd of "October Sky" today.Other than a scratch made on the upc code, the DVD is in excellent condition and mine did have the cellophane wrap on it. I'm hoping my bonus disc and JP case are not too far behind. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Christ, did everyone choose "Dragonheart"? Great minds think alike or what? The fulfillment company just cashed my checks in the past couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll get mine in the next month or so (...though judging by how many people requested "Dragonheart," I'll probably get my second choice, "Bowfinger.")

For some reason, I was thinking the offers said "allow up to 20 weeks" for processing, so I've not been too worried about it yet.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I finally received my free DVD today (October Sky). There was a hole punched through the UPC code, and the disc was loose in the case. :frowning: The disc suffered 2 small scratches, but it plays just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks