What's new

Jurassic Park DVD, does your system do this? (1 Viewer)

Dan Kolacz

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Just trying to determine if there is a problem with my display or DVD player.

I have the Dolby Digital version of Jurassic Park.

In chapter 14, 38-42 seconds into the chapter. Look at the left hand side of the screen at the background mountains. Do you see a noticeable flicker? If you use the slow motion controls you can see it as well for those few seconds.

I have notice subtle brightness flicker throughout this DVD and many others. Is this normal?

Thanks

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
I have notice subtle brightness flicker throughout this DVD and many others. Is this normal?
Just a WAG on my part, put it almost sounds like macrovision. Is the player's video hooked DIRECTLY into the TV, or does it go through a receiver, VCR, or other video switcher before hitting the TV?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
It's because you have the DD version! :D
Seriously though, you ought to consider trading up to the corrected DTS version. Much better sound. Almost to the DTS LD level.
Dan

Brenton

Screenwriter
It's because you have the DD version! Seriously though, you ought to consider trading up to the corrected DTS version. Much better sound. Almost to the DTS LD level.
Ah, but the DTS version is severely lacking in extras. As for me, I don't have a surround sound system yet, so it was the extras that were the deciding factor for me.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Brenton,

I'd keep the DD version for the extras and get the DTS version for the movie and the sound so you're set when you have a DTS processor.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks